Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178697 times)

vivalasvegas

Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 04:15:10 am »
I would like to do an uninstall and then reinstall of GSX.  I would uninstall from Add/Remove programs and then use the latest GSX installer.  Should I also remove Addon Manager and Couatl Engine also?  I am concerned about this because I have other FSDT products installed and don't want to mess this up.

Thanks for your help!
Vivalasvegas

omera60

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 08:33:20 am »
I would like to do an uninstall and then reinstall of GSX.  I would uninstall from Add/Remove programs and then use the latest GSX installer.  Should I also remove Addon Manager and Couatl Engine also?  I am concerned about this because I have other FSDT products installed and don't want to mess this up.

Thanks for your help!
Vivalasvegas

I uninstalled GSX and then reinstalled it for the update 1.9. I removed both of them and nothing happened. I have FSDT, FlightBeam airports on my system. You can go ahead and do it, nothing gets messy don't worry ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 11:06:54 am »
   In regards to your initial observation, the pushback works perfectly if the "de-icing" option is declined.  If it were the nodes issue, would it also not show up during normal pushback?

Check the latest Live Update: the problem of a "stuck deicer" should be fixed now.

crauds

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2014, 12:12:29 pm »
Thanks, Umberto!

I just installed update and ran through with NGX at gates that had problem before and now everything works perfectly!  Trucks back up and go on their way as they should and then the menu display automatically comes back up with pushback options.  Great job as always!  Thank you.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Griff

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »
I installed the latest update by downloading the entire package and completed a re-install along with the latest live update.  I'm still having problems with the push-back option.  After finishing their services, I select "prepare for push back and departure."  The ground services do not respond and I have to reset the program in order for it to work.  I'm also experiencing sound "cutouts" while the services are being performed.  I had not experienced that before.  It seems to be positional and at times, I can't hear the ground units and then if I look straight ahead, the sound returns and is steady.  Anyway, still a great product and hopefully these small issues will be resolved. 

luko

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »
Hi,

sometimes there are situations that de-icing area on airport is on different stand (I fly on VATSIM). In this case, aircrafts normally start the engines and taxi to that special stand with de-ice maintenance. Jet aircrafts mostly don't stop the engines when they arrive to de-icing area. But... with running engines we don't have possibility to run GSX' de-icers.
Is it possible to change it?

Lucas

Artur

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:37 am »
Umberto please, put some hat on the head of poor de-icer man, because they're freezing on that truck's with bellow zero temp.  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2014, 01:01:32 pm »
Umberto please, put some hat on the head of poor de-icer man, because they're freezing on that truck's with bellow zero temp.  :D

Yes, this occurred to me, I think everybody that is working in the open should have alternate clothing for bad weather.

Cool

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2014, 02:35:15 pm »
Hello Umberto
I really do appreciate GSX in general and the de-icers are the cheeries on the cake  ;D

Just one question regarding parking area without push back need. How to handle the request for de-icing?

Pascal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2014, 02:42:54 pm »
Just one question regarding parking area without push back need. How to handle the request for de-icing?

The current version has also added to always get the "straight pushback" option available, even when the parking preference has been set to "none" so, after you got the deicers, you can cancel pushback if you don't need it.

vivalasvegas

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2014, 02:01:00 am »
I just installed GSX 1.9 over my existing version and that fixed the missing deicer trucks.  Now, I not only hear them but see them also!!  Apparently there were some files that my previous update did not install properly. I plan to do a complete flight tomorrow using all the features of GSX.  What a great product!

Thanks Umberto and others for all your help and suggestions!

Vivalasvegas

luko

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »
Umberto,

can you look at this question?

sometimes there are situations that de-icing area on airport is on different stand (I fly on VATSIM). In this case, aircrafts normally start the engines and taxi to that special stand with de-ice maintenance. Jet aircrafts mostly don't stop the engines when they arrive to de-icing area. But... with running engines we don't have possibility to run GSX' de-icers.
Is it possible to change it?

Lucas

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2014, 11:31:32 am »
can you look at this question?

This has been discussed and answered already: future GSX version might add support for remove deicing pads, but it's not there, and it won't be enough to just add support for it in GSX, it must also being supported by the scenery, otherwise how GSX can't possibly know WHERE you are supposed to deice ?

You can have some kind of a workaround, to simulate this:

1) You must edit the AFCAD to add a new parking spot in the remote deicing area

2) Start from your normal parking, select Pushback and say you don't want de-icers. Use pushback to get out of there and turn the engines on.

3) After pushback, taxi to the new parking and park there. Set parking brakes on, and turn engines off.

4) Call GSX and choose Pushback and departure again, this time say YES to de-icing, then proceed out of there.

That's more or less a remote deicing simulation...

luko

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »
...however, I must turn the engines off... anyway, thank you very much for reply.

With regards,
Lucas

fabianUU

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2014, 09:23:09 am »
I GSX 1.9 and I have this problem push back the truck or they are  black or they are not seeing