Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178696 times)

jakklasek

Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »
1) De-Ice of elevator and tail?
2) Modify direction how De-Ice Units are working - I mean they arrive from the front of the A/C, after wings overtake them and get done elevator, tail?

Both of these are affected by the limited space in a parking, which cannot be anticipated on any random scenery. We had de-icers coming from the front during development, but reverted to having them coming from the back, because it solves a lot of potential problems.

4) Options what ratio of liquids use? 50/50, 75/25, 100/0, One-Step/Two-Step De-Ice?

According to the ICAO deicing documents I have, you don't choose the ratio, they depend mainly on the outside temperature, which is how GSX does it now. Yes, you might prefer a type or the other, depending on your estimated holdover time, but that's not something you can rely too much on with FSX, so the temperature is the only sure thing we have.

5) De-Icing on different stand? Option I can choose De-Ice on current stand or where I want to get it done (different one)

This is more interesting and will probably added (not sure in the current GSX version though), but it will require individual scenery customization, so it's both a GSX feature, but also a scenery feature.

For first and second - okay, limitation on stand is acceptable. In case the fifth suggestion will added - the limitations would be broken out, wouldn't they?

Fourth suggestion - Well, in fact the ratio is chosen according to discussion between Handling Agent and pilots regarding actual weather condition and temperature. So before De-Ice will start, you would have choose what ratio used. Of course FSX is limited to simulate it, that's just for the feeling of reality. For example regarding AEA Guidlines for holdover time - 0°C and more using 0/100 (only hot wateris enough), -3 and above 75/25 or 50/50 can be used, -3 to -14 can be used 75/25, -14 to -25 is two-step required with second ratio of 100/0. Holdover times are different by weather conditions, but for FSX it would be chooseble just regarding temperature - manually or automatically.

EDIT: Aaaah, sorry.. I just see it's already included - automatic selection regarding outside temperature.. But still, for that feeling. Personally I  would appreciate it. Or maybe I'm just degenerated by work... :-D

Fifth - Uf, just hope it still be working on all sceneries without modifying them (because it would take some more time, when developers release updates If ever)... :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:09:49 pm by jakklasek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:37 pm »
is it possible to Change the Temperatur for deicing

There's no need to change the temperature, because the one used are already confirming to official ICAO standard.

and to have colored deicing fluid?

It's already colored, we have green for type 4 and pale orange for everything else, and there's no official standard for type 3 but yes, I guess we could add yellow too.

The colors are very muted, because you don't really much color when the liquid is coming out from the nozzle at high pressure. You see it mainly when it goes on the airplane surfaces, but that's not simulated, and it's not going to be happening (we obviously thought about it, but it's very complex because it would require having a copy of the 3d model of the wing for every supported airplane), so don't ask...

crauds

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2014, 11:27:21 pm »
I just uninstalled a previous version of GSX and installed with full install this new version 1.9.  I was using NGX parked at UHHH Gate G6 which is configured for small planes and "both" for pushback.  Temperature was -5C so I had de-icers available when I selected "pushback" and I answered "yes" and selected a type of fluid.  De-icers only de-iced main wings (I assume that is all that is simulated at this point) and when finished the trucks backed away and I saw and heard the message that they had disconnected.  I pulled up the GSX menu again so I could get pushback but could no longer find the pushback option.  In its place was "De-icing completed".  Pushing that option gave me nothing!  I have not altered the aircraft nor the parking place (default FSX airport) since the install.  I went into coatl menu to verify that my pushback for that gate was set for "both" and it was.  As several previous users have experienced, I had to restart GSX in order to get the pushback option again.  And this time it did not give me the "deice" option.  Maybe that is a clue as to what is happening.

Anyway I am very pleased with the new features and anticipate that this little issue will be quickly resolved for those of us experiencing it.  Thank you fsdreamteam for a product that has become indispensable to me.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 11:29:52 pm »
I was using NGX parked at UHHH Gate G6 which is configured for small planes and "both" for pushback.

Default scenery ? If not, clearly identify the scenery or, if possible, indicate where it happens on either a default scenery or an FSDT. Not because de-icers works only with default sceneries and FSDT sceneries, but because I can TEST IT!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:49:21 pm by virtuali »

crauds

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2014, 11:47:28 pm »
Hi Umberto!

Thanks for the timely response.  It is UHHH default but I have corrected most of the AFCADS over the years to bring them up to current charts.   I have included my edited AFCAD that includes any corrections I may have made.  Everything else in GSX works perfectly so I doubt ther is any anomaly in the gate.  On my AFCAD it is gate G6 and I was using a PMDG NGX (800 w/ winglets) model.  I don't think I have any major airports that I haven't updated so my "default" may not be the same as your "default".  Hope my AFCAD file will suffice.  Both of these files were in my "add-on scenery" folder so don't know if both are necessary, but I have included both.

As an after thought, I also attached my GSX file for that airport showing my current gate settings.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:56:09 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

BBBE

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2014, 11:56:22 am »
Dear all,

i have the same Problem in CYZF (default)

I had to restart GSX in order to get the pushback option again after De Ice

Kind regards

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2014, 12:06:28 pm »
An actual restart, or just hitting the hotkey again?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »
As an after thought, I also attached my GSX file for that airport showing my current gate settings.

Tried your file, and the interesting thing I noted, is that I can replicate the problem, with your file, but NOT with the default one. It's not the GSX customization, because it happens regardless if the .INI is used or not, so it must be something related to the distance between the exit nodes.

It's not a bug of your scenery, though, we must have to tune better the thresholds used to decide to use or not an exit node, but since I CAN replicate it, the bug it's on its way to be fixed.

crauds

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:35 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I have always admired your dauntless tenacity and your exemplary dedication toward resolving issues for your customers.  I did not really expect you to take your weekend to handle this issue, however, I, for one, am truly grateful.

In regards to your initial observation, the pushback works perfectly if the "de-icing" option is declined.  If it were the nodes issue, would it also not show up during normal pushback?

I did find that if I "restart" GXS instead of just "resetting" it, the vehicles still remain in position visually and the option to pushback is then present when I press CTL-F12.  By selecting "NO" to the anti-ice this second time through, the normal pushback sequence can then be selected.  It is an acceptable workaround that doesn't seem to disturb the visual immersion, if no other remedy can be found.  BTW, I do like the new option to push straight back.  This has been needed.

Thank your great work with this program.  As I mentioned earlier, it has become an indispensable addition to all my flights.

Cheers!
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2014, 05:22:13 pm »
   In regards to your initial observation, the pushback works perfectly if the "de-icing" option is declined.  If it were the nodes issue, would it also not show up during normal pushback?

The problem are the deicers, because they do not go away (one remains on the parking), and that causes the pushback not to start. It is a problem of the nodes, for sure, but not really a "problem", because the scenery is fine, it something doesn't work in all situations in the algorithm that calculates the return path for deicers.

Bob G.

Voice Sound Video
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2014, 06:05:21 pm »
Can someone make a sound video of the voices that GSX has when Boarding/Deboarding passengers?

Bob G.

jgoggi

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2014, 09:59:09 pm »
Sorry Umberto, I did not inderstand if the tail deicing is implemented only in some parkings or it's not implemented at all.
Thanks.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2014, 10:08:12 pm »

pikalaxalt

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2014, 07:18:03 pm »
I haven't installed the new vehicles yet.  However, a sample video on YouTube shows the deicers working on the PMDG 737-800 NGX, and they only spray the front of the wing.  In the future, do you plan to implement a wing surface detection algorithm that will tell the deicers how to spray the whole wing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2014, 09:14:26 pm »
they only spray the front of the wing

They spray the TOP of the wing, and they surely cover it all.

In the future, do you plan to implement a wing surface detection algorithm that will tell the deicers how to spray the whole wing?

I'm not sure what do you mean with "wing surface detection algorithm", GSX already contains data for the start and end points of the wing for all supported airplanes and it also allows you to specify them for unsupported ones, and we had to do this BECAUSE the data in the aircraft.cfg is usually wrong, and that's enough to cover the whole wing top, which is more than enough, considering that FSX doesn't make any difference: there's just a "body" to deice, it doesn't make any distinction between different parts, the airplane is either deiced or it's not.