Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178670 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »
That's how I did. No lucky. I think I need some help/support.

I confirm the passengers sounds are working. Of course, check you haven't mistakenly put a too short time for boarding/deboarding in the GSX Setting, so it's not happening to quick that no sound get a chance to play.

DoubleG01

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2014, 09:20:12 pm »
except that I could not see the de-icers ... all the sounds were there, I just could not see the trucks

+1 same here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2014, 11:16:14 pm »
except that I could not see the de-icers ... all the sounds were there, I just could not see the trucks

+1 same here

Again, I can only repeat and confirm that, if you install either the vehicle updates or the GSX full installer, it's not possible you would hear the sound but not see the vehicles.

Invisible objects might be caused, instead, by wrong video tweaks/settings. Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

If this still doesn't fix it, be sure you don't run FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes. Every checkmark in the Compatibility tab of the Properties for FSX.EXE should be off.

ianj844

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2014, 11:37:34 pm »
Hi love the update! Just a few bugs that i have found that have not been addressed (or at least from what i could find)

1. On the deicing trucks on the door it has an eaglejet logo even for the delta trucks. Could it show the airline logo on the door?
2. It says the the wing walkers vest will now show the airline logo. For me where everything else was delta it still showed marshal on the back of the vest.
3. When you do a strait pushback when you select to stop the push back the truck lets go of the airplane and the airplane starts to roll backwards not like on the left or right where the airplane slows down then asks you to set the parking break.

4. (I did already see this one reported) After the de-icing is complete there is no option for pushback you have to reset the position then when its asks again if you want de-icing you have to select no.

It would be great if these issues could be fixed!

Thanks,
Ian
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:42:33 pm by ianj844 »

jmnc747

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2014, 11:57:00 pm »
Sorry but everytime I try to use the de-icers i get a message that says:"de-icers not available on this parking position and with this aircraft" I tried several airports and default aircrafts with no luck. Thanks

João

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2014, 12:37:23 am »
1. On the deicing trucks on the door it has an eaglejet logo even for the delta trucks. Could it show the airline logo on the door?

Well, that's not really a bug, we left those logos because the livery looked a bit empty with just the proper operator logo. Maybe we could replace it with something like the brand of the vehicle itself...

2. It says the the wing walkers vest will now show the airline logo. For me where everything else was delta it still showed marshal on the back of the vest.

Nobody said the "marshaller" sign on the back was replaced (he's still a marshaller...). The ground operator logo that has been added in this version is on the front of the jacket, and it's not very large, so you might have to get close to notice it.

3. When you do a strait pushback when you select to stop the push back the truck lets go of the airplane and the airplane starts to roll backwards not like on the left or right where the airplane slows down then asks you to set the parking break.

That's how it's has been intentionally made, is not a bug.

4. (I did already see this one reported) After the de-icing is complete there is no option for pushback you have to reset the position then when its asks again if you want de-icing you have to select no.

This has been already fixed, you might have it or not, depending when you installed it, but you can get it anyway if you check for Live Updates. This happened only if the pushback parking preference in the AFCAD was set to "None".

There's still a minor issue that if you go into the parking customization screen and press Apply without restarting Couatl, no pushback menu will appear, this will be fixed too, but in the meantime you can just restart after entering the customization screen.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:39:10 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2014, 12:41:06 am »
Sorry but everytime I try to use the de-icers i get a message that says:"de-icers not available on this parking position and with this aircraft" I tried several airports and default aircrafts with no luck. Thanks

This has been discussed and answered several times already on this same thread, and it's because you have installed only the Addon Manager, but not the vehicles, so you are missing the actual deicer objects.

Download and install one of the vehicles updates, as explained in the first post of this thread OR download and install the full GSX installer.

ianj844

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2014, 12:53:20 am »
Can you consider putting the logo on the back under the marshal text as i think this would be more realistic. (See pictures below)

(Not Mine)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:54:44 am by virtuali »

jakklasek

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2014, 01:20:22 am »
Awesome guys! :))

Have a few questions regarding De-Ice.. I didn't see the GSX since update, so sorry If I ask for suggestion what already exist.

1) De-Ice of elevator and tail?
2) Modify direction how De-Ice Units are working - I mean they arrive from the front of the A/C, after wings overtake them and get done elevator, tail?
3) Options such as what I want to De-Ice - Whole control surfaces (Wings, Elevator, Tail), or just wings or spot De-Ice for example?
4) Options what ratio of liquids use? 50/50, 75/25, 100/0, One-Step/Two-Step De-Ice?
5) De-Icing on different stand? Option I can choose De-Ice on current stand or where I want to get it done (different one)

Thanks in advance for responses, guys..  ::)

jakklasek

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2014, 01:24:17 am »
Can you consider putting the logo on the back under the marshal text as i think this would be more realistic. (See pictures below)

(Not Mine)

I think thats irrelevant. For example here where I live and work (as Handling Agent), in Prague (Czech Republic), the Follow-Me Car is provided by ŘLP ČR a.s. (Air Traffic Control of Czech republic - Joint Stock Company). Not by us - Menzies Aviation Czech.

Additionally, pilots mostly don't see marshaller's back..  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2014, 01:28:26 am »
1) De-Ice of elevator and tail?
2) Modify direction how De-Ice Units are working - I mean they arrive from the front of the A/C, after wings overtake them and get done elevator, tail?

Both of these are affected by the limited space in a parking, which cannot be anticipated on any random scenery. We had de-icers coming from the front during development, but reverted to having them coming from the back, because it solves a lot of potential problems.

4) Options what ratio of liquids use? 50/50, 75/25, 100/0, One-Step/Two-Step De-Ice?

According to the ICAO deicing documents I have, you don't choose the ratio, they depend mainly on the outside temperature, which is how GSX does it now. Yes, you might prefer a type or the other, depending on your estimated holdover time, but that's not something you can rely too much on with FSX, so the temperature is the only sure thing we have.

5) De-Icing on different stand? Option I can choose De-Ice on current stand or where I want to get it done (different one)

This is more interesting and will probably added (not sure in the current GSX version though), but it will require individual scenery customization, so it's both a GSX feature, but also a scenery feature.

RossG

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2014, 05:06:54 am »
I LOVE GSX! Bought it as soon as it came out. Unfortunately I am not bright enough to know how to program it for my add on planes. Does anyone know if there is a video out there with step by step instructions?

Rafal

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2014, 10:58:35 am »
Does anyone know if there is a video out there with step by step instructions?

I don't know about videos (you may always search for them on YouTube).
But there is a great 41-page manual that came with your GSX install.
Everything is described there in details. Give it a try!
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

mroschk

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2014, 11:44:27 am »
is it possible to Change the Temperatur for deicing and to
have colored deicing fluid?

omera60

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2014, 01:05:52 pm »
Nice feature ... much appreciated ... here is quick video of de-icer in action:

However, one sorta important bug ... De-icer is triggered by requesting push back in GSX menu, but after the de-icer completes there is no longer any option to do the actual push-back via the GSX menu.  Only way to get a push-back is to reset position, and the request push-back and then say NO to de-icer.

Thanks for the update though.

Cheers Rob.

I have the same problem even though I have set all the parking positions to both. When de-icing finishes the left wing de-ice truck leaves but right wing truck only backs up to right side and stays there and I don't have the pushback option then. I have to reset GSX.