Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178739 times)

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 07:25:55 am »
I just noticed a small bug or perhaps mistype. When de-icing at type IV 75% concentration, when they finish the message says Type III 75% concentration. But they say Type IV.

Yes, noted.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:23:35 am by virtuali »

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 07:41:17 am »
Nice feature ... much appreciated ... here is quick video of de-icer in action:

However, one sorta important bug ... De-icer is triggered by requesting push back in GSX menu, but after the de-icer completes there is no longer any option to do the actual push-back via the GSX menu.  Only way to get a push-back is to reset position, and the request push-back and then say NO to de-icer.

Thanks for the update though.

Cheers Rob.

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 07:51:55 am »
Maybe you have to reinstall the GSX. I did the full reinstall and had no issues of not having an option for pushback. I had both the left/right pushback as well as a straight pushback for 100m

By the way nice video :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:54:46 am by Longhaul444 »

jgoggi

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 08:19:56 am »
Hello,
I am not at home, so I can't test the update.

Is the marshaller still walking away of the airplane after parking? It would be nice if he could remain close to it at least for a couple of minutes, until the cockpit-to-ground communication is over, otherwise it is unrealistic that the pilot communicates with a marshaller that has gone away...
James Goggi

Hnla

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 08:29:33 am »
Hello I have installed this update, and now the panels on my Quality Wings 757 do not work, can someone please help. Thanks.

How does this have anything to do with GSX, this is the most ridiculous statement ever

Hnla

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 08:30:44 am »
I just noticed a small bug or perhaps mistype. When de-icing at type IV 75% concentration, when they finish the message says Type III 75% concentration. But they say Type IV.

And here is the typo:

[URL=http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/Longhaul444/media/deicing1_zps4aa276c0.png.html]

Only thing I have found so far. Great update guys  8)

Yep this also happens to me.

streichholz

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 09:09:35 am »
No bugs for me, just an amazing Update.

But one little question. Do the Trucks always come to the parking position, or are there options (ENGM for example) where the Trucks waiting on the De-Icing position?

voodoo101

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 09:15:17 am »
I would love to have voice control added to GSX. Would be great to have the it wait for you to tell it that the brakes have been release before pushing and they wait to disconnect until told do.

fly_edds

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 10:15:02 am »
The pax boarding sounds on cargo planes have not been fixed so far? 
GSX is still not able to exclude these soundfiles when it detects a freighter? :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 11:16:24 am »
One question: is there a way in the airport customization page to customize where the deice trucks deice? Or is there an option to deice wherever, as long as it's below that specific temperature? I only ask because I think in most airports airplanes are deiced on specific taxiways and not at the gates.

No, there isn't, GSX supports deicing at the gate right now, because it's part of the departure sequence. We might consider adding deicing areas, but it would of course require customization for each airport.

Deicing is done at the gate quite regularly, I recall having seen it many times, as a passengers, just before pushback. Yes, many airports have dedicated areas too, but that doesn't mean deicing at the gate is not used.

galenogarbe

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 11:30:50 am »
After the upgrade, the passagers boarding sounds is not working. All other sounds are fine.

BTW: this is the anti-icing service in action ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:36:17 am by galenogarbe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 11:32:08 am »
However, one sorta important bug ... De-icer is triggered by requesting push back in GSX menu, but after the de-icer completes there is no longer any option to do the actual push-back via the GSX menu.  Only way to get a push-back is to reset position, and the request push-back and then say NO to de-icer.

I think there's a problem with parking positions with only one choice ( only Left or only Right, or None ), because it works normally if there are two choices. We'll surely fix it, the best solution would be having the straight pushback option always available, even when the parking pushback is set to None.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 11:32:45 am »
The pax boarding sounds on cargo planes have not been fixed so far?  GSX is still not able to exclude these soundfiles when it detects a freighter? :'(

It will come ( with much more ) with the Cargo expansion product we are working on right now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 11:38:44 am »
After the upgrade the passagers boarding sounds is not working. All other sounds are fine.

Try to use the full GSX installer.

Jedi928

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 12:11:27 pm »
Hi,

Good news for this update but now with Majestic Dash P3d2.4 i have GSX service catering incomplete again!
With the old version 1.8.9.4 i could resolve the pb assigning right forward (the more forward) service door 1 to door with open/close checks as FSX Door#4 and right backward  (the more backward) service door 2 to no door at this position.
With the new version 1.9.0 it doesn't work! It is stopping to the message catering service is on their way again!
With the new version 1.9.0 with defaut gates settings for majestic Dash it is the same!

However i have fsx installed too and after deicing for example my PMDG 737 at Chambéry France VFR i don't have the pushback, i have to reset position to access pushback option! I have desinstalled the 1.8.9.4 version completely before to install 1.9 so it mustn't be a problem of update files! However at LSGG Fsdreamteam it works! So it seems not working on all airports.

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:13:19 pm by Jedi928 »