Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178744 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:30:35 am »
We are happy to announce one of the largest GSX updates ever, version 1.9, which add Deicing vehicles to the product. In addition to De-icers, there are many new features which has been added following all suggestion from our users.

IMPROVEMENTS LIST:

• De-icers added, will be selectable before Pushback if OAT < 4°C
  • The Airplane configuration editor has support for Deicers path points, to allow precise following of the wing surface for any airplane
  • Added a Straight Pushback option
  • Boarding/Deboarding passenger voices improved, with much better sound variety.
  • 3 New Pushback trucks models: A/S 32A-31A, TLD TMX-400, TPX-200-S
  • All Pushback trucks now have multiple liveries
  • Custom Pushback Nodes added in the Airport Customization page
  • Airport range, to fix issues with very small airports (helipads, seaplane bases) inside larger ones
  • Wingwalkers shows their company logo on their jacket
  • New operators added: GAT, Acciona, 2Serve, Aerdorica, Oman Air. Some operator logos have been redesigned in better quality
  • Better support for Leonardo SH Maddog

How to get the Update

This is a Major Update, so you'll receive a notification from the Live Update service to download and install the latest  Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX. However, it's not enough, because you'll still need to get all the new vehicles, textures and sounds. One of the GSX Vehicle Updates is needed. Which one, depends how old is your full GSX install. In most of the cases, the Update 4 or 5 should be enough. All Vehicle Updates can be found on the GSX product page of the main site.

If you just download the current Full GSX Installer it will contain everything needed with nothing else to do. If you downloaded the full GSX after today, November 28th, your installer will read at least 1.9.0.0, so you already have everything included in this update.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:42:04 am by virtuali »

N76055

• AirTeamImages
Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:15:19 am »
Beautiful! Thank you very much for the straight pushback option + nodes!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:16:51 am by N76055 »

flaviossa

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:32:04 am »
Quote from: virtuali link=topic=11072.msg85519#msg85519 date=141713823One of the [b
GSX Vehicle Updates[/b] is needed. Which one, depends how old is your full GSX install. In most of the cases, the Update 4 or 5 should be enough.

Hello! Thanks for the update! What updates are these? I can only see one topic about gsx vehicles texture update with only one .exe file to download. Is this the one you´re talking about?  What is update 4 or 5?
Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 03:33:20 am »
What updates are these? I can only see one topic about gsx vehicles texture update with only one .exe file to download. Is this the one you´re talking about?  What is update 4 or 5?

The one you are referring to it's not just "textures", it contains ALL updates to vehicles released so far.

The one on the forum is the largest one, but you can find smaller downloads on the GSX page on the web site, which can be used too to save some download time (which one you get, depends how old is your GSX full install).

If you don't want to figure out how old is your GSX install, just download the Full GSX installer, and nothing else. Which of course, is what the above announcement post just said...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:38:26 am by virtuali »

Wegger

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 03:33:20 am »
Amazing update!

Please video/shots!

flaviossa

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:37:25 am »
ah, thanks Umberto! Sorry about the silly question  ;D

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 04:16:20 am »
Great update! So nice to hear, and thank you Umberto (and the team members).

One question: is there a way in the airport customization page to customize where the deice trucks deice? Or is there an option to deice wherever, as long as it's below that specific temperature? I only ask because I think in most airports airplanes are deiced on specific taxiways and not at the gates.

Still I'm just being nitpicky, thank you again for all the great work!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

NickATC

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 04:28:45 am »
Nice update.  I'm not very keen on installation procedures so I made my own notes on installing this kind of important updates.

I hope someone finds this information useful.  Taken from previous posts.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS TO AVOID TYPICAL ERRORS IN GSX.

The most likely cause is the antivirus that corrupted it by mistakenly trying to "heal" a non-existent threat.

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

DrumsArt

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:38:46 am »
Thank you very much for the update

Best Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

chrisjhan

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 04:39:23 am »
Why isnt there a pushback option after deicing is finished

coolgovind180

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 04:49:40 am »
wow atlast de icers..thanks a lot..

Now my plan is to deactivate and uninstall the current version of GSX on my Pc and then install the new 1.9 version as a fresh install. Would this be sufficient?? should I install any vehicle updates after this??

Also if possible..can you please post a screenshot of deicing being done?? just curious.  ::)

Thanking you

Govind

tangjuice81

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 04:54:31 am »
Very nice.

Hnla

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 04:57:21 am »
The de-ice cloud flickers, is this something that can be fixed?

jay19

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 06:26:50 am »
Hello I have installed this update, and now the panels on my Quality Wings 757 do not work, can someone please help. Thanks.

skipy33

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 06:51:49 am »
Hi,

I'd like to do a complete reinstall of GSX with the latest release. Do I need to backup all the customisations before proceeding with uninstall (Airports gates, aircrafts) and restore them after the new install?

Thanks,

Skip.