Author Topic: GSX BGLmanx problems  (Read 9963 times)

dickneuf

GSX BGLmanx problems
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:21:34 pm »
Hello today i started FSX and i got the folowing message:

I received the following error when running FSX. "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add-on)

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,9,0,24
File: bglmanx.dll
Company: Virtuali s.a.

I looked in the forum and unsinstalled the addon manager then disabeled the virus scanner and installed the latest version from the FSdreamteam website.

I did reboot the system but the same problem occured.

I use GSX

Thanks for the reply and the help

Dick

What can I do more

dickneuf

Re: GSX BGLmanx problems
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:08:34 am »
Still waiting somebody form FSdreamteam can help me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:12:30 am »
You just can't expect that support would always (we USUALLY do, but you can't demand it) reply during week-ends. The problem has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's not a GSX problem, it can be caused by several things, like a 3rd party running in Compatibility mode, or the antivirus.

See here for some troubleshooting steps, with an example of the problem which was eventually fixed and was caused by a 3rd party addon running in Compatibility mode, when it shouldn't:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8334.0.html

dickneuf

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 12:02:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply i did all this and still same problem FSX wont start at all then.

So strange this suddenly happen and did not anything to the system

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:06:19 pm »
- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

dickneuf

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:33 pm »
I did everything you wrote even restarted the system but.... same problem!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 10:04:47 pm »
I did everything you wrote even restarted the system but.... same problem!!

Are you SURE you did everything, without skipping any step ? Have you been asked permission to run the Addon Manager module after you reinstalled ?

dickneuf

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 07:53:35 am »
FSX did not ask permition but i am sure i did the right thing however English is not my native language.

dickneuf

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:45 am »
FSX did ask permition the first time i installed GSX but not the last time after reinstall GSX and the addon manager

regards  Dick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 10:39:14 am »
but not the last time after reinstall GSX and the addon manager

That's because you haven't followed the previous procedure. You skipped THIS step:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

If you did this, FSX would ask you to trust again both modules on the next restart. If you don't see that request, it means you skipped this step. Please do the WHOLE procedure again, TO THE LETTER. Don't skip ANY step.

dickneuf

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 01:21:34 pm »
I did TO THE LETTER still same problem this is going to drive me grazy.

I use thise [programm including some airports from FSdreamteam for a long time and suddenly it startet!!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:30:34 pm by dickneuf »

dickneuf

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:32 pm »
Ok what do next sir??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:32 pm »
I did TO THE LETTER still same problem this is going to drive me grazy.

My question "Have you been asked permission to run the Addon Manager module after you reinstalled ?" was made just to be sure of this. And your reply "FSX did ask permition the first time i installed GSX but not the last time after reinstall GSX and the addon manager" confirmed that you haven't.

As I've said, you skipped THIS step:

Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

More precisely, you haven't skipped the whole step, just the part indicated in bold. If you did this correctly, you SHOULD have seen a new authorization request on the next reinstall.

So, do it again, don't skip ANY steps, not even PARTS of any steps, and PLEASE TAKE NOTE if you ARE asked permission to run the Addon Manager module after you reinstall following the uninstall.

dickneuf

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »
I did execly as you wrote but FSX did not ask permition and i am very sure i did uninstall the right way
All this happen from one day to another till then everthing worked fine.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:48:07 pm by dickneuf »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »
I did execly as you wrote but FSX did not ask permition and i am very sure i did uninstall the right way

The only possible explanation why this is happening, is if you told Windows to trust automatically everything signed by us. But of course, it's possible to verify and undo this, so we can say for sure.

Go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from BOTH tabs, trusted and untrusted.

Then do it again, don't skip ANY steps, not even PARTS of any steps, and PLEASE TAKE NOTE if you ARE asked permission to run the Addon Manager module after you reinstall following the uninstall.