Author Topic: Help please; BGLMAN.DLL error crashing fs9  (Read 2488 times)

motormouse

Help please; BGLMAN.DLL error crashing fs9
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:43:53 pm »
Here's a new problem, all of a sudden my fs9 installation won't get past the splash screen without presenting a message to the effect "FS9 has encountered a problem and needs to close" ; this all started on 11th November and I had successfully run fs9 earlier same day AFTER my anti-virus had updated, PC was not switched off in between time either.

I ran event viewer and process monitor, in both it is reporting BGLMAN.DLL as faulty / cause of the error, so I renamed the BGLMAN.DLL temporarily, and hey presto Fs9 starts (in fact looking at process monitor the bglman.dll is searching for a specific scenery file parkingmarks.bgl when this happens) :-\

SO I read back through the forum posts here, and download the latest add-on manager (1.81) for fs9, switch anti-virus off, install
etc etc , reboot PC, try to load fs9 and same happens.

I should also point out I've made no changes to my fs9 installation for months, indeed the last package I purchased was the MB339,on 10th June, and everything installed correctly and was running smoothly up to 11th November..  over to you , not very happy as I now cannot run my cloud9 add-ons  >:(

The following products have all been installed, and running satisfactorily up to this point (11th November)
F104,
Phantom
MB339
Lago G91

Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help please; BGLMAN.DLL error crashing fs9
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »
Since the Addon Manager for FS9 hasn't been updated since September 20111, and you said yourself the problem didn't happened until last week, it's fairly obvious the Addon Manager can't be "faulty / cause of the error", but it's the opposite way around, it's rather a *victim* of something else in your system configuration that has changed since then.

I can only confirm that, there are no other solutions than install the latest (latest as Sept. 2011, there are no other version after it) Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 as the last thing you do.

Of course, the antivirus must be PROPERLY configured, which doesn't mean just "turning it off", but means exactly this:

- Download and install with the antivirus TURNED OFF

- BEFORE launching FS9, configure the antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

YourFS9Folder\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL

- Turn you can turn it back on and launch the sim.

If this doesn't fix it, than something else has gone wrong in your Windows installation, like a problem with some Windows system libraries either missing or corrupted.