Author Topic: 1st time i buy a scenery, this is the result :(  (Read 6121 times)

Dominato83

Re: 1st time i buy a scenery, this is the result :(
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 01:08:08 am »
Looks like you first of all forgot to remove your old AFCAD for KLAX.  That's why you have the default jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:22 am »
The usual question:

do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Asamra

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:46:33 pm »
the only thing that appears is Addon Manager

reinstalled it with the anti-virus and firewall off, the same :(

made exclusion for all FSDT files on anti-virus scan and nothing works

reinstall again, same only addon manager :(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:05:39 pm by Asamra »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:29:44 am »
reinstalled it with the anti-virus and firewall off, the same :(

made exclusion for all FSDT files on anti-virus scan and nothing works

reinstall again, same only addon manager :(

Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl program when you installed the scenery ? If no, that's surely the antivirus. The one and only correct procedure to fix a problem caused by the antivirus, is as follows:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall an FSDT scenery ( or GSX ) and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery you just removed.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Asamra

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 06:07:52 pm »
Umberto thanks for the reply

i try everything you described, still doesn't work
in a few weeks i'm going to format the pc and reinstall everything again

let's see if it works then

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 08:31:09 am »
Just so you know what the problem is, have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl program when you installed the scenery after following the previous procedure ? If no, that's surely the antivirus.

Asamra

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:09 am »
nope no permission for run couatl, and the antivirus and firewall were off so... don't know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 09:24:34 am »
nope no permission for run couatl, and the antivirus and firewall were off so... don't know.

Have you been asked permission to run the Addon Manager instead ? If yes, it means the antivirus is still blocking just Couatl.

If No, and the Addon Manager works, it means you skipped THIS step:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall an FSDT scenery ( or GSX ) and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

In this case, try again the WHOLE procedure, don't skip ANY step, especially that one, and NOTE if you are being asked permission to run BOTH modules, and reply YES to both.