Author Topic: How do I get the airstairs to attach to my aircraft at PHOG?  (Read 5883 times)

united319

How do I get the airstairs to attach to my aircraft at PHOG?
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:36:33 am »
Sorry for the dumb question just wondering how to activate them since there are no jetways to use.   I tried CTRL+J but nothing happened.  Hope this is not a feature only accessible for GSX because I purchased it it and it caused so many problems to my sceneries that I had to ditch it.

Thanks!

UAL4Life

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How do I get the airstairs to attach to my aircraft at PHOG?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:12:56 am »
Sorry for the dumb question just wondering how to activate them since there are no jetways to use.

You mean you don't see any jetways ? If this is the case, that's not a problem of the scenery or anything related to our software. Jetways can ONLY be excluded by another scenery AFCAD in conflict.

Or, if you use AES, there might a problem with it, because it's normally supposed to remove our jetways first, and then replace them with its own so, if it failed the 2nd step for some reason, you wouldn't see the jetways.

I tried CTRL+J but nothing happened

That would be the command you should use, but jetways must be there already.

Hope this is not a feature only accessible for GSX

As explained, many times already on the forum, and on the GSX manual, jetways are ENTIRELY unrelated with GSX. GSX doesn't change, affects, is affected by, anything related to jetways in a given scenery. All our sceneries use the standard FSX jetways system, which works the same regardless if you use GSX or not. And can be affected by the same issues of an other scenery that use standard FSX jetways, namely they can be excluded by another scenery, or by AES, which also uses AFCADs to exclude them, because the only way to exclude a jetway, is from another scenery AFCAD.

because I purchased it it and it caused so many problems to my sceneries that I had to ditch it.

It's not possible that GSX would have cause problems with your sceneries, because it doesn't make any changes or additions that would affect a scenery. In fact, the only program that could do that it's AES, which is a possible cause of your problem here.

GSX doesn't try to add or remove anything to a scenery (except for FSDT sceneries, where it adds docking systems), so it can't possibly cause any problems. Could you please indicate, precisely, what "problems" you think were caused by GSX, so we can discuss them ?

I had a look at your past posts here, and can't find any question about GSX, you only posted about FS9 before. If you had problems with GSX, why you never said anything about it before ?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:15:24 am by virtuali »