Author Topic: considering buying gsx  (Read 3676 times)

Bob

considering buying gsx
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:09:28 pm »
Been trying the demo and it looks very good. I was hoping all these functions could be mandatory to complete a flight or takeoff using fs passenger, fs captain or airhauler. Im a bit worried i would get kind of tired of these functions if they are all eyecandy, even if they are very very good eyecandy, after a couple of hundred flights. I would not mind this to run for the rest of my time in fsx but like i said, if its just to get the looks and no nessecity im a bit worried i might quit using it after some time due to me beeing lazy. Dont know if you understand me right, and im impressed with this product. Could it be made mandatory with some of the addons i mentioned??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: considering buying gsx
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:22:24 am »
Could it be made mandatory with some of the addons i mentioned??

Sorry, but GSX is an FSX add-on, not an add-on for fs passenger, fs captain or airhauler, so it's not supposed to enhance them.

In order to have GSX "mandatory" for those add-on, if with "mandatory", meaning they wouldn't progress to their next phase or consider a flight to be completed if you haven't used GSX, it's THOSE add-ons that will have to be modified, how you would expect GSX could enter into THEIR code and make THEM behave differently depending if you used GSX or not ?

BTW, we are working to a GSX expansion product right now, that will generate Cargo missions with a purpose and THAT ONE, of course, will interact with GSX.

Bob

Re: considering buying gsx
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:46:47 pm »
Could it be made mandatory with some of the addons i mentioned??

Sorry, but GSX is an FSX add-on, not an add-on for fs passenger, fs captain or airhauler, so it's not supposed to enhance them.

In order to have GSX "mandatory" for those add-on, if with "mandatory", meaning they wouldn't progress to their next phase or consider a flight to be completed if you haven't used GSX, it's THOSE add-ons that will have to be modified, how you would expect GSX could enter into THEIR code and make THEM behave differently depending if you used GSX or not ?

BTW, we are working to a GSX expansion product right now, that will generate Cargo missions with a purpose and THAT ONE, of course, will interact with GSX.

yes i see of course its their addons that would have to have this option available ;) I partially asked this to see if anyone would think its a good idea to implement gsx as a kind of must have. Dont get me wrong, i just bought gsx and i like it very very much, but i would prefer it to be something i "had" to do every time. Not all will see my point of view on this and thats ok, just think it would make other addons soo much better with gsx as a mandatory. Good news about the expansion you mentioned. Will follow it with great interest.