Author Topic: Airports don't load but default does?? **SOLVED**  (Read 4781 times)

buccirj

Airports don't load but default does?? **SOLVED**
« on: October 23, 2014, 04:59:17 am »
New on the forum.  I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this topic but since it involves all my FSDT airports, I'll start here.  My airports are active per what the Add On Manager says but if selected in the terrain scenery settings option in FSX, I only see the jet-ways and runways.  No buildings.  But if I then select the FSDT airport of choice, then I see only the default FSX airport.  This happens on all my FSDT airports.  KLAS, KLAX, KORD.  What is the problem? 

Thanks,

RB
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:17:41 am by virtuali »

buccirj

Re: Airports don't load but default does??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 05:53:02 am »
To add to my problem.  I just tried to reinstall all my airports again.  I check the Add On Manager and only GSX shows "Product ACTIVE".  The rest of the airports show activated but not installed.  However in FSX Scenery Library, their all visible and clicked activated. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:18 am »
Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

buccirj

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:20 am »
Yes, both are installed.

buccirj

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »
The only product that shows installed in the scenery library is the GSX one.  I can't click on reinstall, activate, or any of the options in the Add-On manager in FSX.  Only deactivate is available.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:17:04 am »
The only product that shows installed in the scenery library is the GSX one.

Well..no. A normal situation should be, that GSX is the only product in the Addon Manager that won't display "Installed in the scenery library", only a scenery would say that.

Are you saying you don't have anything else in the Addon Manager window, other than GSX, no other products ? Or, are you saying the other FSDT sceneries (not GSX) are indicated as "Not Installed in the Scenery Library" ?

I can't click on reinstall, activate, or any of the options in the Add-On manager in FSX.  Only deactivate is available.

That's because the product is Active, and so options to activate are not obviously available, and the only meaningful thing you can do to an already active product, is to Deactivate.

buccirj

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »
"Are you saying you don't have anything else in the Addon Manager window, other than GSX, no other products ? Or, are you saying the other FSDT sceneries (not GSX) are indicated as "Not Installed in the Scenery Library" ?

In reference to your question above.  The airports under fsdreamteam are visible in the two windows, publisher and product windows listing in the Add-on Manager.  But the option buttons below are all subdued and unavailable except the fallowing;  Backup RegKey, Web Site, De-Activate.  These are my only option for the airports I have purchased which are Chicago Ohare, JFKV2, KLAS, KLAXv2.  All show ACTIVE but not installed in the Scenery Library.  I can not pick the "Reinstall" option tab either.  Should I attempt to De-Activate them all and re-activate or re-install?

buccirj

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:11 am »
Update.

So I de-activated KORD, re-activated it and the manager asked to reinstall KORD, I clicked "yes".  Now I made sure fsdt KORD is selected in my FSX scenery library.  I now only see the airfield runways, taxiways and CATwalks/bridges.  But no buildings.  If deselect fsdt KORD in scenery library, I get FSX default buildings at KORD but other vegetation on the airfield ( think this is a function of FTX Vector)  airport elevation seems to be ok.

buccirj

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 12:12:27 am »
Update 2.  I think I got it figured out.  Just had to restart FSX and let the scenery database rebuild.  Thank you, will report back with any other issues.