Author Topic: Latest GSX?  (Read 3702 times)

psykie

Latest GSX?
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:57:06 am »
Hello

OK, probably a stupid question but how do I know that I have the LATEST GSX?  I can tell you that I have GSX 1.8.9.4. .  I'm not getting certain functions that others are talking about.   I'm also not getting "Custom Pushback" feature where you can copy-past Long. and Lat. for custom pushbacks on nodes.  I'm confused as to how to download the absolute most up-to date GSX without re-purchasing.  Do I "only" need to download the and update the "Add-On Manager"?  I do appreciate any feedback and help.  Thanks.

Please give me a step by step what to do.  I'm sure it has to be fairly easy.   Thanks!!!

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest GSX?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:02:17 am »
OK, probably a stupid question but how do I know that I have the LATEST GSX?

If you have installed GSX from the current installer on our site, you can be sure it's the latest version.

I'm not getting certain functions that others are talking about.

What functions ?

I'm also not getting "Custom Pushback" feature where you can copy-past Long. and Lat. for custom pushbacks on nodes.

Nobody's getting it yet, we updated the manual already, but the feature hasn't been released yet, because we are doing other updates at the same time, and don't want to mess up with things while working at it.

I'm confused as to how to download the absolute most up-to date GSX without re-purchasing

Can't see how repurchasing has anything to do with download. The download has always been freely available, and there's only one place you can download it.

Do I "only" need to download the and update the "Add-On Manager"?

The Addon Manager comes with the GSX installer. The one and only reason to download the Addon Manager separately, is to update that one without having to download a full installer for a scenery or other product.

The Live Update notification system will TELL you if you MUST download the Addon Manager, when there's a Live Update, or if you can just apply the update without restarting FSX. Explained in the last pages of the GSX manual, when Major and Minor updates are concerned.

But of course, if you don't want to learn about Minor and Major updates, if you download and install the current GSX Full installer, you can be sure it's totally updated. We ALWAYS re-upload the installer, even when a MINOR update is published, for the obvious reason the Full installer is ALSO a Trial version, and this benefits everybody because:

1) Existing users don't have to waste their own storage space with an old installer + patches, because they can always freely download our always-updated full installer when they need to reinstall.

2) New users will experience the Trial version with the absolute latest version of the program.

psykie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »
Got It!! Thank You Virtuali. Yes, I have been getting the updates in FSX of which I have downloaded. 

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

psykie

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:40 am »

The download has always been freely available, and there's only one place you can download it.

Where?

Matthew
Matthew

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 07:43:54 am »

psykie

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 04:37:40 pm »
Yea

I know Dave!  I will often ask questions that seem pathetically obvious.  I just want to make sure!  Thanks for answering. 

Matthew
Matthew