Author Topic: Every Single Airport---Afcad not found error message  (Read 8776 times)

vc-10man

Every Single Airport---Afcad not found error message
« on: October 17, 2014, 03:01:49 pm »
For some inexplicable reason, my GSX has gone pear-shaped. Tried deleting the Virtuali folders from relevant directories; tried deleting the Scenery Index and Facilities, and then re-installed but I keep getting an error message something about patched vehicles_airport restoring from backup,and then when I attempt to ask for GSX Services, back to same error about no Afcad at every single airport even though Addon Manager and Couatl is showing in the drop-down menu except the Customise option for airport

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Every Single Airport---Afcad not found error message
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 10:42:29 pm »
Again, be sure you remove THESE folders, when FSX is not running, of course, maybe after a Windows restart:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl ( NOT %APPDATA%\Virtuali!! )
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

restart FSX, wait for both FSX and GSX caches to regenerate and, if it's still giving you errors, enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, and post your Couatl.LOG file.

vc-10man

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:02:21 am »
Tried those fixes. Still same error red banner at the top; still do not see an option from the drop-down to 'Customise this parking place'.

Trying to attach the Couatl. Log file but annoyingly keep getting flagged that cannot attach even when it is a txt file. This gets dafter and dafter. So, cannot attach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:22:03 am »
Trying to attach the Couatl. Log file but annoyingly keep getting flagged that cannot attach even when it is a txt file. This gets dafter and dafter. So, cannot attach.

ZIP it

vc-10man

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:58:44 am »
Here it is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 10:19:14 am »
Do you have the Addon Manager menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ? The look seems to indicate it's not running, possibly because the antivirus has blocked it. If this is the case, do the following:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

vc-10man

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 12:56:01 pm »
Thanks for that, Umberto. Will attempt that and report back.

vc-10man

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »
Did exactly as instructed, AV turned off, etc, etc

But did not get that permissions flag up. And in the drop-down menu Add-ons Menu, I see the 'Add-on Manager' and 'Couatl powered products', but no option to 'Customise This Parking Position' and when I ask for GSX services, Ctrl+Shift+12, I still get that red error about the Afcad.

vc-10man

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 08:26:18 pm »
Consider this now closed as I have managed to resolve it myself.

QED!

EDIT: Thought it had been resolved. Only resolved for FSDT airports only, anything else, same old red error flagged message about Afcad.........

Back to Square One!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:38:55 pm by vc-10man »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 10:22:52 am »
Can you provide with an updated Log file, after your first fix ?

vc-10man

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »
Here you are, as requested. Sincerely hope this can be resolved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »
The log file shows that your scenery.cfg under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX contains just some FSDT and some FlyTampa airports, and nothing else.

It's possible you are running FSX under some Compatibility mode ? This would change the location of the scenery.cfg file. Even another add-on running in Compatibility mode might cause this.

Also, if your scenery.cfg has an error, perhaps only part of it is read.

vc-10man

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 11:47:38 pm »
Thank you for that explanation.

Which explains why when I tried to install FlightSim Commander, it would not read the Scenery.cfg.

Is there a way to restore/repair it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 12:08:01 am »
Which explains why when I tried to install FlightSim Commander, it would not read the Scenery.cfg.

You would have made my work easier if you said something like this:

"why BOTH GSX AND FlightSim Commander can't read my scenery.cfg anymore ??"

Were you worried that, since it's would have been clear your question didn't have anything to do with GSX, and it's just a generic question about fixing a problem with the scenery.cfg, you wouldn't get any help ?

First, you must understand if the problem is the scenery.cfg itself being corrupted, or it's just your system using the wrong one, this can only be checked by looking at it.

vc-10man

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 12:58:43 am »
Yes, in a way, as FlightSim Commander is not related to FSDT products, I saw no point in broaching it here.

However, if my scenery.cfg is corrupted, how is it that (a)I do not get a scenery error flag when FSX loads, and(b) how come I can select any or all the airports including all my non-FSDT add-ons without any problems? Surely, logic dictates if the scenery.cfg is corrupted, then I would not see any of those airports. Or maybe I have this concept wrong?