Author Topic: JFK...US Air...FSX  (Read 7382 times)

Kiwiwanabe

JFK...US Air...FSX
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:23:24 pm »
Many thanks to the guys at FSDT for this great scenery package...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sekhet

Re: JFK...US Air...FSX
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:24:34 pm »
Russ,
Great shots.  Kinda brings back the good old days! ;)

P.S. I like the new USAirways paint better than the ugly paint they had back when I was with them! ;D
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:46:32 pm »
Thanks for that Chris...

I like the new colors for US Air as well, one of the best looking paint schemes going IMO.....I also like the older bare metal paints...I have one for my MD80...

I really like the liveries McPhat Studios did for the Wilco E-Jets. McPhat, like FSDT, are true artist and craftsmen...

All the best,
-Russ

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 11:47:09 pm »
Mr. Russ "Kiwiwanabe",

Nice Screen Shots; if FSDT has the competition later; you should definetly submit:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1111.0;attach=2502;image
but I hope you keep it centered on the taxiway like the professionals too. ;)

BTW: I was considering the Wilco E-Jets for a purchase; any issues with the VC/gauges?  Does it have self-shadowing inside the VC (DirectX 10)? How photo-realisitic are the are interiors of the cockpit/cabin? (Their YouTube video was a little too low quality for me to judge).

Thanks.

PS: Do you know what dropped/happened to AlphaSim's forums?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:49:21 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 06:47:19 am »
but I hope you keep it centered on the taxiway like the professionals too.

Hey now....I had to pull over to take a few pictures. :D

I like the Wilco E-Jets very much, but I don't think they are DX10 compatible, but check with them on that as I'm not sure...

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:47:28 pm »
but I hope you keep it centered on the taxiway like the professionals too.

Hey now....I had to pull over to take a few pictures. :D

I like the Wilco E-Jets very much, but I don't think they are DX10 compatible, but check with them on that as I'm not sure...

Thanks, I'll do that.  :D

Also, read the front page posting by Mr. Phil; Sorry for all your Forum going-down/troubles ... I like the T-34C and Apache D which I'm planning to add to my collection when the Gallery is back up.  ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 04:33:26 am »

...Also, read the front page posting by Mr. Phil; Sorry for all your Forum going-down/troubles ... I like the T-34C and Apache D which I'm planning to add to my collection when the Gallery is back up.  ;)

I think there may be a misunderstanding here...I'm not affiliated with Alphasim in any way. I think this is who you are referencing here...sorry, but I don't know anything about it...

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 04:09:50 pm »

...Also, read the front page posting by Mr. Phil; Sorry for all your Forum going-down/troubles ... I like the T-34C and Apache D which I'm planning to add to my collection when the Gallery is back up.  ;)

I think there may be a misunderstanding here...I'm not affiliated with Alphasim in any way. I think this is who you are referencing here...sorry, but I don't know anything about it...

My mistake; I thought that you were one of their developers/testers for their Rutan; excellent model BTW!  ;D
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams