Author Topic: No Jetways, Period! **SOLVED**  (Read 6318 times)

edbern007

No Jetways, Period! **SOLVED**
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:31:12 pm »
I uninstalled the scenery, deleted the KFLL folder, deleted the coault and addon manager and re installed it to the updated ones, did a clean install of the latest version of KFLL from the website with antivirus off as suggested, re installed video card drivers (which I knew wasn't the problem but did it anyway) made sure advanced animations is checked, made sure all sliders in FSX are to the far right. Used FSX Airport scanner to find possible duplicate airports/afcads which I don't have and I even made a desperate attempt to deactivate the scenery and reactivate it and for nothing would the jetways at KFLL appear. I have the same problem for KLAS as well. But with all your other products such as KJFK and KLAX I don't have this issue. It is very frustrating to say the least. It clearly suggests that you guys need to update both addons to prevent this problem because this issue doesn't seem to occur on more recent scenery ad-dons.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:54:43 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetways, Period!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:44:17 pm »
As already explained many times already on this forum, jetways are NOT HANDLED by ANY of our modules so, all the things you did in relationship with uninstalling, antivirus, addon manager, couatl, etc, are totally useless and not necessary, because NOTHING in our modules handles jetways.

In fact, if there was a problem with any of the the modules not running (like antivirus, etc.) the ONLY thing you would see, would be JETWAYS! Because, as I've said, they are one of the few things NOT handled by the modules, so they are what remains of the scenery, if something doesn't work.

The "advanced animations" flag doesn't have anything to do with this because, if you forget to turn it on, jetways just won't *move*, but WILL show.

In addition to that, NOTHING can exclude jetways from a scenery, except ANOTHER AFCAD, there's no other way to exclude them from a scenery.

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our modules, or the scenery itself, since the only way to exclude a jetway from a scenery, is to add *another* AFCAD from another scenery that replaces jetways definitions for that airport.

As explained many times already too, the most common cause of AFCAD conflicts, are those files that comes with AI Traffic packages, like Traffic 360, My Traffic, etc. These should NOT be used if you have an add-on airport, because they are supposed to be used with the default airports only. Some users reported of those files not always be detected by the FSX Airport Scanner, so they must be found and removed manually.

Also, if you use AES, it also comes with AFCADs that remove jetways so, if you are having problems in the AES installation, it's possible it has successfully removed the jetways from our scenery, but it failed to replace them with its own.

Again, don't lose your time trying to fix thing on the scenery, because the scenery doesn't have anything to do with this, it's just a victim of another scenery in conflict.

Fact you don't have this problem with other FSDT sceneries, doesn't indicate that KFLL has a problem, it only indicates you don't have a conflicting scenery for the other FSDT sceneries, like you have for KFLL.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:46:38 pm by virtuali »

edbern007

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 05:58:30 pm »
The issue has been resolved. The issue was not about AFCADS nor AI traffic packages but with AES. I just deleted the bgl files for both KLAS and KFLL and the jet-ways now show. Thanks for mentioning AES as the possible culprit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 10:54:38 am »
The issue has been resolved. The issue was not about AFCADS nor AI traffic packages but with AES. I just deleted the bgl files for both KLAS and KFLL and the jet-ways now show. Thanks for mentioning AES as the possible culprit.

The issue WAS caused by an AFCAD, the one that comes with AES.

Since the one and only way to exclude jetways from a scenery, it's with another AFCAD, that's how AES exclude them, by supplying AFCADs for each scenery supported by it. When jetways are missing, it's always an AFCAD...