Author Topic: Uninstall KORD demo  (Read 4476 times)

graeme35

Uninstall KORD demo
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:09:40 pm »
I downloaded the demo and have decided that due to financial constraints I cannot afford the scenery at this time, however it does look great.

I uninstalled the demo through Add/Remove Programs.

However, everytime I start up FS9, after it generates the scenery file it tells me that KORD is installed but not activated. I press OK to not install then another message says that the scenery regsitry key has been placed in the FS9 main folder.

KORD is not activated and this does this every time.

How can I remove the scenery as this is annoying!  Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstall KORD demo
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:43:35 pm »
I uninstalled the demo through Add/Remove Programs.

If you don't have any other sceneries using the Addon Manager (FSDT, Cloud9 or Skymakers), you should have removed the Addon Manager, when the Uninstaller asked you to do so. If you need it for other sceneries instead, read below.

However, everytime I start up FS9, after it generates the scenery file it tells me that KORD is installed but not activated. I press OK to not install then another message says that the scenery regsitry key has been placed in the FS9 main folder.

This happens because there's a serial number in the registry for O'Hare. When you are in Trial, there's no serial number in the registry for KORD so, if you Uninstall it, even if you DON'T remove the Addon Manager (because you might need it for other sceneries you have), the question to activate the scenery will not appear.

You might ended up in this situation, if you tried to put a serial in the registry, either by manually editing the registry, or by using the "Register Serial" option. Of course, if that serial is not valid or it has been activated too many times, it will fail the activation test, but you will still get the question.

To fix this, remove the serial number for O'Hare, by going into REGEDIT, and delete this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_USER\Software\FsDreamTeam\OHare

Removing the key will stop the program from asking to activate that serial.

graeme35

Re: Uninstall KORD demo
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:31:14 pm »
Thank you for responding so quickly.

I did not remove the Add-On manager due to the warning that it might affect other sceneries, I have Simflyers and Aerosoft.

I will try the hotkey route. ;)

Thanks