Author Topic: New user - Jetways  (Read 5188 times)

usimionato

New user - Jetways
« on: September 28, 2014, 07:08:21 pm »
Hello,

I'm new to FSDT airports, just bought KFLL.
The quality is very nice and frame rate friendly.
I'm not sure if some problems are my mistake, a FSX thing or the package, so please advise:

- Some positions like D5 (PMDG 737) the jetway doesn't mode, it starts flickering but doesn't move.
- Others, like E1, marshaller is inside / at same position of pushback truck.
- Jetways when moving go bellow the ground (tires, etc).
- In some positions like H10 the jetway comes from the right one (H8)

Thank you!
Ulisses 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New user - Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:45 pm »
- First check you don't have another AFCAD in conflict, using the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for duplicates files at KFLL

- Then check that GSX is using the correct AFCAD, by opening the parking customization dialog, and confirming that GSX is reading from the AFCAD that comes with the scenery.

If both the above are checked, please indicate a precise list of parkings where you have issues with, so we can check them.

Dominato83

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:21:14 am »
Hello,

I'm new to FSDT airports, just bought KFLL.
The quality is very nice and frame rate friendly.
I'm not sure if some problems are my mistake, a FSX thing or the package, so please advise:

- Some positions like D5 (PMDG 737) the jetway doesn't mode, it starts flickering but doesn't move.
- Others, like E1, marshaller is inside / at same position of pushback truck.
- Jetways when moving go bellow the ground (tires, etc).
- In some positions like H10 the jetway comes from the right one (H8)

Thank you!
Ulisses 

Here's some answers:

1. Just skew the aircraft back a bit then, it's too far up for the jetway to connect.
2. You can modify the parking settings for GSX
3. This is a normal FSX bug with jetways, they will almost always end up below or above ground, just not attached to it.
4. Don't know about this one.

usimionato

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:41:47 am »
- First check you don't have another AFCAD in conflict, using the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for duplicates files at KFLL

- Then check that GSX is using the correct AFCAD, by opening the parking customization dialog, and confirming that GSX is reading from the AFCAD that comes with the scenery.

If both the above are checked, please indicate a precise list of parkings where you have issues with, so we can check them.

Checked for duplicated AFCAD and Airport Scanner showed only AFX_KFLL.BGL, so no duplicates.
Parking customization dialog is showing the same AFCAD BGL
If you could try the D5 and H10, we can confirm if the problem is only at my site. If it happens to you, I can test all parkings and send a list.

Thanks,
Ulisses

usimionato

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:45:53 am »
Here's some answers:

1. Just skew the aircraft back a bit then, it's too far up for the jetway to connect.
2. You can modify the parking settings for GSX
3. This is a normal FSX bug with jetways, they will almost always end up below or above ground, just not attached to it.
4. Don't know about this one.

Hello!
1. Yes, nice find, going back jetway connects, but aircraft is far from ground mark for the 737 and marshaller correct stop position.
2. Can I change the aircraft stop position for the marshaller indication?
3. OK

Thank you!
Ulisses