Author Topic: I am just about ready to give up **SOLVED**  (Read 4446 times)

Pearskin

I am just about ready to give up **SOLVED**
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:06:32 pm »
Hello FSDT, Here is my problem in a nutshell. I CAN'T GET FSDT AIRPORTS TO INSTALL CONSISTANTLY AND I AM ABOUT READY TO GIVE UP TRYING.
1. I started building my FSX system at the end of December 2014. I installed FSX deluxe edition, Service pack-1 then service pack-2
everything ran OK. No problems.
2. I installed ORBX FTX Global. No Problems.
3. I installed ORBX NA Pacific Northwest. No Problems.
4. I installed ADDON's Vancouver+ Version 3. No problems.
5. I installed Saitek Panels, (Switch, Multi, Radio. FIP's). No Problems. This took me into early January.
I then tried to install FSDT CYVR and after many tries, of searching forums both FSDT's and others, unloading, re-loading, replacing the latest versions of ADD-ON-MANAGER and COUTL.EXE, I was FINALLY, (yes finally), able to get FSX and FSDT CYVR working by the end of march. I was so taken by the quality of the Airport I then Purchased four more and being a "never-say-die" person, I tried to install them over and over again and I have been tearing my hair out ever since. Not only would they not install but I could no longer run FSDT CYVR because when trying to load the new airports FSX kept crashing to the DESKTOP.
I tried running ADD-ON-MANAGER AND UNLOADING AND RE-LOADING UNTIL I AM NOW AT THIS POINT .... READY TO GIVE UP.
I need help on this one. I have exhausted my 50 years of computer experience and I am exhausted.
I have Two choices at this point: 1: Ask you for help or 2: give up on FSDT Airports.
So how about it Umberto, Can you help me please?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:51:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I am just about ready to give up
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:33:41 am »
5. I installed Saitek Panels

The Saitek software is known to caused problems, have a look at this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11803.msg90325.html#msg90325

AND, there's a Public Beta test available to try here, which might be less affected by other 3rd party software causing system libraries conflicts:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Pearskin

Re: I am just about ready to give up
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »
Removing "ADD-ON-Manager" using Control Panel --> Programs and Features then installing "setup_addonmanagerX_couatl3" seems to have fixed my problem in as much as  FSX no longer crashes to desktop. I will now try to re-register my airports.
Thank You

Pearskin

Re: I am just about ready to give up **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 09:11:03 pm »
All my airports are now working. They are awesome so never give up. Here is a picture of my SIM flting over JFK.  :D