Author Topic: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 42297 times)

skiflyzander

Re: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »
Okay, I might need a walkthrough to uninstall this. Sorry about that, but i must be doing it completely wrong.

Here is how I did it last time:
De-activated LSZH
Uninstalled LSZH
left GSX and Coutal(think I spelt that wrong) in place
reinstalled LSZH (downloaded the installer from the LSZH product page)
Fired up the sim and activated LSZH
Closed the sim and that's the log file I attached

I must be missing something here because if it works for you, I must be doing something very wrong!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:26:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2014, 03:25:50 pm »
Here is how I did it last time:
De-activated LSZH

Never said you had to do that. Won't matter if you did, but it's useless and it's just a loss of time.

I must be missing something here because if it works for you, I must be doing something very wrong!

It seems you have skipped this step, which I indicated in two of my previous replies:

- Uninstall Zurich. Be sure you don't have the Simobject\FSDT_LSZH folder anymore

You haven't manually removed any file that was eventually left in the Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_LSZH folder

skiflyzander

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »
Are you talking about the FSDT_ZurichX folder in appdata because the FSDT_LSZH folder doesn't exist after uninstalling ZurichX...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:34:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2014, 05:08:31 pm »
Are you talking about the FSDT_ZurichX folder in appdata because the FSDT_LSZH folder doesn't exist after uninstalling ZurichX...

The one under the FSX\Simobject folder.

The one under %APPDATA% it's always empty and doesn't matter (it's created by FSX itself).

It's normal you wouldn't see that folder anymore under the FSX\Simobject folder, because the uninstaller removes it, mine was just an EXTRA precaution to be entirely and absolutely sure you were starting from a clean situation.

But as I've said, I really don't have an explanation why the patch is not successful. It's not that is not running correctly, because it is, it's just that it reports your objects were EITHER already patched (but you shouldn't see any flickering in that case), or they are not as they are supposed to be in the current version of the installer, so they are not patched for that reason.

Would you like to try a Teamviewer connection, so I can have a look at your system ? PM me to arrange that.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:11:09 pm by virtuali »

Ursli80

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:01 pm »
Hello
With the PAPI lights I meant the 4 lights which are mounted respectively on the left of the runway which change from red to white and vice versa, depending on the height.
These are always watching even if I have activated in Switzerland Pro X the X Switzernald Scen folder or not.
I have the problem, that of whom I is turned on no longer have the lights of the runway. And wen it is off, I have re-firing.
And just as mentioned, the so-called PAPI lights are to be seen whether I have turned on or off to Switzerland X Scen folder.
best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

skiflyzander

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2014, 08:44:48 pm »
Hey just sent you a PM and didn't see it in my outbox, so I just wanted to check and make sure you saw it!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »
With the PAPI lights I meant the 4 lights which are mounted respectively on the left of the runway which change from red to white and vice versa, depending on the height.

Of course I know what they are, I asked what the problem you were having with them.

These are always watching even if I have activated in Switzerland Pro X the X Switzernald Scen folder or not.
I have the problem, that of whom I is turned on no longer have the lights of the runway. And wen it is off, I have re-firing.

I still don't understand you. I can see working PAPI lights at Zurich, see the attached screenshot.

Ursli80

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2014, 09:36:02 pm »
Hello
Yes exactly what I meant these lights. But these are not the problem they are always available
I sent you a picture attached which lights I do not see who I Schwitzer country X Pro. (Scen folder)'ve switched.

Sorry I could myself make any since I'm at work.

greetings
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2014, 11:39:20 pm »
Yes exactly what I meant these lights. But these are not the problem they are always available

Now it becomes very confusing: since you don't have any problems with PAPIs, why start a discussion about them ?

I sent you a picture attached which lights I do not see who I Schwitzer country X Pro. (Scen folder)'ve switched.

So, you are now saying that, if you switch ON the CH Pro scenery, you lose the main runway approach lights ? If this is the case, I can't see how this could have anything to do with the scenery. Do they work together in FSX ?

Ursli80

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:58 am »
Since you have misunderstood something. Or am I wrong words. Maybe it is because I have to work with Google translator. Excuse these problems.
The one with the PAPI lights I have only mentioned because they are always visible without problems. Only the main runway lighting causes problems, as you have mentioned it.
No I have been using for about 2 months now with P3D version 2.4
best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2014, 12:30:09 am »
No I have been using for about 2 months now with P3D version 2.4

Ok, now I understood you. Yes, the online translator must have confused the meaning of your sentence. So, you never used Zurich + CH Pro, before installing P3D ? Never tried them with FSX ?

I'm sorry but, if the problem goes away by turning off CH Pro, there's not much we can do from our side. As I've said, we only tested the old version under FS9, but can't guarantee anything with the FSX/P3D version. That's why we have Trial versions for: so you can test the scenery compatibility with other add-ons you might have.

But I would be interested to know if the problem happened in FSX too, assuming you tested it under FSX. If not, maybe someone else that tried it could confirm it.

Ursli80

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2014, 01:15:28 am »
Sorry again the translation problem.
So in FSX I had the scenery and the airport of AS together without problems in operation.
I would have to ask someone who has already installed FSX.
Would this help you?

greetings
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:34 am »
So in FSX I had the scenery and the airport of AS together without problems in operation.

So that answers the question, we are also having problems with Geneva and P3D lights, and it's definitely a bug that has been introduced with 2.3 or 2.4, because there wasn't any problem up to 2.2, so we reported it to Lockheed Martin, there's nothing we can do right now, other than waiting for a fix on their part.

Ursli80

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »
Good day

So a friend of mine has this been tested in FSX with the trial version of FSDT Zurich X.
He's there all the lights and lights of the runway.
Personally, I used to FSX times unfortunately the AS version of Zurich and this went well also.
Does this help you a little?

best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

Ursli80

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2014, 04:23:15 pm »

Excuse my message from before.
Thank you for your inquiries and work.

greetings
Urs Roth