Author Topic: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 42404 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »
Alright, so I went through and changed the permissions of my P3D folder as suggested, updated couatl within the sim and still have the problem. Maybe it's time for me to send my log file?

I can only confirm that, if you follow the previous suggestions, the problem will be fixed, as was also confirmed by Ursli80, who also had the issue, and said it was fixed with the update.

To be honest I have no idea where it is as this is my first adventure trying to figure out an issue like this

Enable logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, and then restart FSX, go to Zurich, and exit. Check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder for a file named Couatl.log, and post it.

skiflyzander

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »
Unfortunately, the problem is not completely solved by the flickering 
I have now installed LSGG and in LSSG and LSZH it flickers again 

regards
Urs Roth

Maybe you missed this post? All I can say is that I have tried the suggested methods and nothing has worked yet.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »
Maybe you missed this post?

He first said the flickering WAS fixed so, obviously, something HAS changed after applying the latest Live Update so, the only possible explanation, is that he did something else when reinstalling the sceneries.

Or, maybe, he was referring to LSGG and we haven't done anything on LSGG yet so, but even if there's a need to fix LSGG, it's not possible that installing LSGG would Undo the LSZH which WAS fixed, unless something went wrong in the download of the files (like firewall or antivirus blocking), so the reinstall of LSZH LSGG has "downgraded" the Live Update.

That was a reason why I haven't suggested to reinstall anything, but JUST apply the Live Update, in order to minimize the chances to mess things up.

Maybe you missed this post? All I can say is that I have tried the suggested methods and nothing has worked yet.

I confirm that it should work with one of the two methods proposed, but you still haven't provided with the Couatl.LOG I've asked, so I can't possibly know why is not working on your system.

skiflyzander

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 08:19:14 am »
I actually don't have GSX installed into Prepar3d... is there any other method of getting a log to you?

Ursli80

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 08:37:12 am »
hello

I would once again like to mention something.
First I had P3D v2.4 completely reinstalled.
2 I have the FSDT all installed last. (GSX, LSZH, LSGG)
3 When I installed and tested by GSX LSZH was all good.
4 Then I LSGG installed and then I again found Flickering glass panels on the vehicles and. On the buildings at the Gates Signs When large gate E Glass front but I have nothing except Gates signs.
I've mentioned in a post something with CH-Pro and RWY lighting you know there may be a solution? It's about:
I have CH Pro installed I had (LSZH, LSGG) RWY lighting no longer with the FSDT airports. If I take away the part of the hoes at CH-Pro Scen in the Sceneryen are the lights back.
Would be grateful for help.
best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 10:06:58 am »
I actually don't have GSX installed into Prepar3d... is there any other method of getting a log to you?

Yes, but it's a bit tricky. Why you don't just install it ? It's free to use at all our airports, and if you don't install it, you'll lose some scenery features, like docking systems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 10:12:58 am »
3 When I installed and tested by GSX LSZH was all good.

Of course it was.

4 Then I LSGG installed and then I again found Flickering glass panels on the vehicles and. On the buildings at the Gates Signs When large gate E Glass front but I have nothing except Gates signs.

Nobody said that fix would do anything for LSGG, so it's just normal. I guess we would need a separate fix for it too.

I have CH Pro installed I had (LSZH, LSGG) RWY lighting no longer with the FSDT airports. If I take away the part of the hoes at CH-Pro Scen in the Sceneryen are the lights back.

Is the scenery coming with its own AFCADs ? If yes, perhaps there's a conflict, since runway lights come with AFCADs.

If no, that might indicate an altitude problem in that area, so the CH Pro mesh is covering the lights at LSZH, even if it's just a bit, try to see if you see any difference with different mesh resolution settings.

skiflyzander

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »
Alright, here is the log file!

Using airport customization from GSX.airports.lszh_fsdt
Patching for ZWriteAlpha in file model/LSZH_ED_TME.mdl 0
Patching for ZWriteAlpha in file model.LSZH_ED_TMCTR/LSZH_ED_TMCTR.MDL 0
disconnected from SimConnect.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:09:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 02:09:08 pm »
There's nothing wrong with the .LOG file, but I need you to do another test:

- Reinstall Zurich using the current installer

- Take a Couatl.LOG of the FIRST run, after the installation

skiflyzander

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »
Airport cache regeneration warnings:
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/0_LS_Neva_VTPX.BGL, file ignored
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/LS_Neva_LWM2.BGL, file ignored
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/LS_Neva_VTPL.BGL, file ignored
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/LS_Neva_VTPP.BGL, file ignored
Warning: airport ENGM described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 10 seconds
Loading airport LSZH from C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/FsDreamTeam/ZurichX/scenery/APX_LSZH.BGL
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:06:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/0_LS_Neva_VTPX.BGL, file ignored
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/LS_Neva_LWM2.BGL, file ignored
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/LS_Neva_VTPL.BGL, file ignored
CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0 (system:0) accessing BGL file C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/Addon Scenery/ULLI_Pulkovo_Reload_FSX/scenery/LS_Neva_VTPP.BGL, file ignored

You have some problems here, but they won't affect any of our products, it's just that you have several corrupted files.

This IS a problem. Are you SURE ( really sure! ) this log was produced on the FIRST startup of the sim, as soon as you installed Zurich ? Because, on a freshly-reinstalled Zurich, this line shouldn't end up with a 0, but with a number. It's OK if it ends with 0, but ONLY after the 2nd run of the sim.

So, please be entirely sure. If you are not, or you don't remember, try the following:

- Uninstall Zurich. Be sure you don't have the Simobject\FSDT_LSZH folder anymore

- Reinstall Zurich, be sure you use the current installer.

- Do another log, and post JUST the last lines, everything else is not important.

skiflyzander

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2014, 06:42:07 pm »
Alrighty then, followed your directions to a tee and here is the log:

Starting system monitors
Current locale is English_United States.1252
SharedMemInterface connected
GSX is in trial mode (state=0, activation=-25006)
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A319 CFM
intelliscene.cfg provides aircraft data with priority 1
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Found gsx.cfg file at C:\Users\Nicholas\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A319 CFM\gsx.cfg
Starting new persistent timer 'ZurichX'
Airport cache regeneration warnings:
Warning: airport ENGM described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 20 seconds
Loading airport LSZH from C:/Program Files (x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/FsDreamTeam/ZurichX/scenery/APX_LSZH.BGL

Ursli80

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2014, 08:00:40 pm »
hello

I do not know if CH-Pro has its own AFCAD. During installation, it is specifically mentioned in your products.
Can I find out? When such?
I have to correct. The PAPI lights (which change from red to white) are each always to see whether CH Pro Scen is on or off.

Please let me know s when a solution is available because of the flickering for me. But which is much better. Thanks again for that.

Best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2014, 08:57:41 am »
I do not know if CH-Pro has its own AFCAD. During installation, it is specifically mentioned in your products.

You must have confused this with the FS9 version, which had an alternate installer with different colored textures to match the FS9 version of CH Pro.

None of this is relevant with the FSX version, both because the FSX CH Pro doesn't have that ugly green/pink colors anymore, so we don't need to provide with unrealistic textures to match it anymore, but also because we never tested the FSX version of Zurich with CH Pro, users can use the Trial version we offer to assess compatibility with their other add-ons.

Can I find out? When such?

Probably using the FSX Airport Scanner program, to search for any other AFCAD for Zurich.

I have to correct. The PAPI lights (which change from red to white) are each always to see whether CH Pro Scen is on or off.

Not understand you here.

Please let me know s when a solution is available because of the flickering for me. But which is much better. Thanks again for that.

The flickering problem is solved at Zurich, we'll have to made a separate fix for Geneva, but I still can't see any problems with any of the lights.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2014, 09:02:34 am »

If you are REALLY sure this log has been produced immediately after you installed Zurich, using the CURRENT version of the installer, than it's clear why it's not working: the patching hasn't been made.

Now, since it clearly works, the only possible explanations left are:

- You haven't produced this log after the FIRST FSX restart following the Zurich Uninstall/Reinstall process.

OR

- You haven't manually removed any file that was eventually left in the Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_LSZH folder

OR

- You are not using the latest version of Zurich.

That "0" in the line, means the patching is working, but the file to be patches is either ALREADY patched (but in that case you shouldn't see the flickering) OR it's not the as it's supposed to be before the patching, that would seem to indicate a different version of the scenery.

Just to be entirely sure, I just removed Zurich on my system, and reinstalled it, and this is what my log shows:

Patching for ZWriteAlpha in file model/LSZH_ED_TME.mdl 1
Patching for ZWriteAlpha in file model.LSZH_ED_TMCTR/LSZH_ED_TMCTR.MDL 1

Of course, no flickering whatsoever on the glass.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:06:15 am by virtuali »