Author Topic: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 42364 times)

skiflyzander

Re: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 11:06:26 am »
I know that you guys aren't the developers of ENGM, but that product also has flickering issues... seems to be the transparent glass that is flickering. It's most noticeable (at LSZH) at terminal E pretty much on every texture, and Terminals A & B on some windows and some shadows. I really think this has got to be a P3D specific problem but who knows, because the navigation menus also flicker. Alright, I'll pipe down ^^ Not trying to be a pain. Awaiting your reply :)

Ursli80

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 11:27:35 am »
I have this problem only at the airports from FSDT. But with the glass is also noticed.
Thanks for pointing skiflyzander. ;)
Hovering with you the lights too?
MSFS2020
Prosim737

skiflyzander

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 08:24:20 pm »
okay, so here is a little video showcasing the actual problem:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 10:28:17 am »
I know that you guys aren't the developers of ENGM, but that product also has flickering issues... seems to be the transparent glass that is flickering. It's most noticeable (at LSZH) at terminal E pretty much on every texture, and Terminals A & B on some windows and some shadows.

Ok, this is useful to know.

Ursli80

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 11:22:52 am »
This is precisely the problem !!
What is the solution of FSDT?
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:53 pm »
This is precisely the problem !!What is the solution of FSDT?

You have reported two problems:

1) the flickering buildings. This seems to be a new problem introduced with 2.4, because nobody ever reported it before. There's obviously no solution right now, since 2.4 has just been released, but it WILL be looked at.

AND

2) "raising lights", which I still don't understand from your description and for your very unclear screenshots, if what you are seeing is the NORMAL raising of runway lights because they ARE raised (A BIT!!), both in real life and in the scenery to PREVENT visual, problems, or you are seeing something different. THIS other problem is not a problem, if they are raised a bit, but if they are raised a lot instead, it doesn't happen, nobody else has reported it before, and it surelly cannot change in any way with a "Restart Couatl" because, in Zurich, runway lights are NOT handled by Couatl, they are 100% standard AFCAD runways lights, and Couatl doesn't handle them in any way.

Ursli80

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »
Okey then I look further.
That's not true with the flickering of the buildings.
I have this for version 2.3. I have mentioned this here on 21/09/2014. There was 2.4 for the moment.
best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

skiflyzander

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 02:43:06 pm »

There's obviously no solution right now, since 2.4 has just been released, but it WILL be looked at.

Excellent, thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »
Problem found and fixed with the latest Live Update. No need to reinstall anything, just check for updates from the Couatl powered products menu, and let it perform the update.

skiflyzander

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43:08 pm »
Well, I just tried running the update from inside Prepar3d V2 and that didn't fix anything. Terminal E is still flickering like mad. Am I missing something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:42 pm »
Well, I just tried running the update from inside Prepar3d V2 and that didn't fix anything. Terminal E is still flickering like mad. Am I missing something?

There might be a permissions problem modifying the objects ( the upgrade works in a way that it patches the objects in real time, if you run under P3D ), if your P3D installation resides under the default C:\Program Files (x86)\ path.

In more recent sceneries like JFK 2, CYVR or KIAH, we used the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali path to store objects , so we can patch them on the fly without permission issues, but doing this for Zurich would require modifying the whole files structure, changing the installer, and ask to all users to redownload the whole installer, just to change ONE bye in two objects...

If you install P3D into a folder you created yourself, such as C:\Prepar3D V2, you won't have such issues, that's why it's usually suggested to install the sim into a folder OUTSIDE the C:\Program Files (x86) which your user account can't write.

You can fix this in several ways:

- Change Properties for the P3D\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe in the "Compatibility" page, to "Run as Administrator".

OR

- Change the permissions for the main P3D folder and subfolders, to give write permission to your user account. You do this by right-click on the P3D root folder, select "Security", then allow the account with your own user name to have Write or Full Controll access to that folder.

OR

- Turn down or off the UAC settings.

Ursli80

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »
Super now everything works without flickering.
Great, fast and super work thanks!
Only my people running yet return value.

best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

Ursli80

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »
Unfortunately, the problem is not completely solved by the flickering 
I have now installed LSGG and in LSSG and LSZH it flickers again 

regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

skiflyzander

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2014, 07:49:05 pm »
Alright, so I went through and changed the permissions of my P3D folder as suggested, updated couatl within the sim and still have the problem. Maybe it's time for me to send my log file? To be honest I have no idea where it is as this is my first adventure trying to figure out an issue like this  :D Just let me know what the next step should be and I'm happy to help! BTW... what's UAC? I'm a true newb at this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:51:13 pm by virtuali »

Ursli80

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2014, 08:21:13 pm »
I have again a question to the Lights
Who I've Switzerland Pro installed, the RWY lights are again out of sight. But when I turned off its per the SCEN part of CH are the lights back.
Do you have a solution?

best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737