Author Topic: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 42347 times)

Ursli80

Re: LSZH and LSGG airport flicker on buildings
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 07:11:52 pm »
Okey. Nur komisch das es bei der Esten Installation normal war.
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 07:36:32 pm »
Okey. Nur komisch das es bei der Esten Installation normal war.

Please, use English.

If you are referring to the use of the P3D Migration Tool, it should be kept disabled when using any of our products under P3D, because they DO recognize P3D and they DO *different* things depending if they recognize they are running into P3D or FSX and, since the Migration Tool fools products into believing they are always running under FSX, it would cause all sort of problems with our products, because they are prevented to detect P3D.

This might not be a big problem at Zurich, but it surely cause issue with lots of other more recent products.

Ursli80

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 10:19:57 am »
Dear Support Team

Yesterday I went to the colleagues who also uses P3D v2.3 and FSDT LSZH and LSGG. In this, the lights are mounted normal and not hover over the runway.
Therefore, your statement is not true that this is normal!
I ask you to give me a solution or I want my money back and I uninstall also like the addons in this case again.
best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »
In this, the lights are mounted normal and not hover over the runway.
Therefore, your statement is not true that this is normal!

My statement is obviously true because, as I've said, they are raised A BIT, to prevent flickering.

You haven't said how much they were raised in YOUR installation so, I couldn't say if you were seeing was the normal, very small, rising over ground that the light ARE supposed to have, or something much larger, which would indicate some kind of a problem.

I ask you to give me a solution or I want my money back and I uninstall also like the addons in this case again.

Since all our products are available in Trial, you cannot obviously ask for a refund.

And even more, considering YOU said yourself the same scenery works correctly on another system, under P3D too. This clearly indicates the scenery doesn't have the slightest problem (which should be quite obvious, since it has been released many years ago, and nobody else reported this problem), that it works in P3D, and your problem is caused by a specific of your installation, not by the scenery, that's why you can't ask for a refund.

You might try resetting all your settings, by removing the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

In fact, this is what LM suggest to ALWAYS do after installing a new P3D version, and if you don't do that, you'll see all kind of graphic anomalies.

Ursli80

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:04 pm »
So I need all the values ​​in this folder deletion?
% ProgramFiles% \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v2
LOCALAPPDATA%% \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v2
% APPDATA% \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v2
% USERPROFILE% \ Documents \ Prepar3D v2 Files
Or how I have to understand with the resetting?
I have bought your products that do not run as a trial for me.

Why was in another post said that this was normal, that the lights on the runway are?

regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »
So I need all the values ​​in this folder deletion? Or how I have to understand with the resetting?

You need to remove all those folders, this is what LM says you must do, when updating P3D to a new version.

I have bought your products that do not run as a trial for me.

Are you saying you bought the products, even if the Trial didn't work ? Why ? The whole point of having a Trial is that you can check they WORK (and they surely do) BEFORE purchasing them!

Why was in another post said that this was normal, that the lights on the runway are?

You don't seem to understand. Re-read my last message, carefully.

I've said that A BIT of raising is normal, and it's barely noticeable, but I can't possibly know how "noticeable" means for you, since it wasn't clear at all, from your previous messages, HOW MUCH of a raising you saw.

Now that you say you haven't seen any rising on another system, it's finally clear that you don't notice the small raising that IS definitely there and it IS normal, so you must have seen something way larger, but that's not how the scenery is made, or like anyone else is seeing, so the only possible explanation left, is that you have a problem with your P3D settings, that might be fixed by resetting the preferences, which is what you should do anyway, according to LM instructions when applying an update.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:32:02 pm by virtuali »

Ursli80

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 10:45:46 am »
I've bought your products since I fly to the Council's attention by a colleague new with P3D.
I have already told you that this worked correctly even at the beginning.
I have this problem since I've only been on the Restart Button Couatl the Couatl-powered product instead of the key mappings.
This is what I always said to the reset.
So once again:
Product tested = works Works then bought =. Then accidentally Restart Couatl come RWY lights = no more. Then to see all newly installed = resist lights aberr too high.
I have you now made ​​images.

best regards
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »
Your screenshots are not very clear. They shows a very *minor* rising which, as I've said, it's entirely NORMAL for runway lights.

Also, they don't have any relationship with the Couatl program, since they are generated by the scenery AFCAD, using the default light system handled by the sim so, it's just not possible they could have any relationship with the Couatl program.

Of course, just to be sure, I tried installing Zurich on the recently released P3D 2.4, freshly installed, and no, I can't see any problems the lights, and nothing happens when selecting the "Restart Couatl" option.

So, I can only confirm the problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, and it must be something related to your settings.

I already indicated what you have to do reset the P3D settings, be sure you do that, before updating to 2.4. As an alternative, UNINSTALL P3D and reinstall the 2.4 version using the 2.4 full installer.

skiflyzander

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 08:10:17 pm »
For what it's worth, I am also having this issue. Tried clearing out my shaders and this had no effect on the flickering buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 09:35:53 pm »
For what it's worth, I am also having this issue. Tried clearing out my shaders and this had no effect on the flickering buildings.

If you are referring JUST to the flickering of buildings, try to turn off some of the shadow casting options in the P3D graphic settings page, it's possible that what is flickering are shadows, because you turned everything on on that page.

In any case, did the problem happened with previous P3D version ? Because nobody ever reported it before, so perhaps it's a bug introduced with 2.4.

skiflyzander

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 09:48:24 pm »

If you are referring JUST to the flickering of buildings, try to turn off some of the shadow casting options in the P3D graphic settings page, it's possible that what is flickering are shadows, because you turned everything on on that page.

In any case, did the problem happened with previous P3D version ? Because nobody ever reported it before, so perhaps it's a bug introduced with 2.4.

Could you suggest the specific shadow options which I should turn off. I am a bit reluctant to turn off shadow options because shadows are quite a nice visual. But I can do so if it helps to figure out what the problem is!

Yes, I had this problem since purchasing P3d V2. I think I started off with 2.0 but I can't remember exactly!

Thanks for the advice, looking forward to your reply!

skiflyzander

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 09:51:33 pm »
And just a quick report... with all shadows turned off I still get flickering building textures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 10:22:58 pm »
And just a quick report... with all shadows turned off I still get flickering building textures.

An ALL of them ? Or just specific parts ? And, did it worked with P3D 2.3 and earlier version ?

skiflyzander

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 10:59:25 pm »

An ALL of them ? Or just specific parts ? And, did it worked with P3D 2.3 and earlier version ?

Yes, every shadow category was turned off. I just recently purchased LSZH, but have had issues with EDDB (different scenery developers, I know) and a couple others... so this may be a native P3D issue but I can't be sure. The flickering has been around for quite some time, long enough that I can't remember which version I first noticed it with. 

Ursli80

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 10:44:54 am »
I have now again the V2.4 Compline reinstalled with the full installer of LM.
Unfortunately for me, the flickering is still even when switched off shadow as Skiflyzander.
The lights hovering still in the air.
Thanks for the help.
Urs Roth
MSFS2020
Prosim737