Author Topic: Runway Starting Point - 09/27 and 26L/R-08L/R **SOLVED**  (Read 4917 times)

contractpilot

Runway Starting Point - 09/27 and 26L/R-08L/R **SOLVED**
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:13:07 pm »
Starting Points on runways 09/27 and 26L/R-08L/R are 180 degrees off.  As an example when I pick Rwy 09 the aircraft ends up on Rwy 27. Same thing for the 26L/R-08L/R runways.  No problem with Rwys 15/33.  I checked the BGL and it confirmed that the starting points were reversed.

Please advise.   Thank you.

Paul K
KGYR
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:55:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runway Starting Point - 09/27 and 26L/R-08L/R
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
I checked the BGL and it confirmed that the starting points were reversed.

No, they aren't.

I've checked the AFCAD we supply with the scenery, and all starting points on the runways are correct. If you have them reversed on your system, they are not coming from the AFCAD we supply (another AFCAD from another scenery might be in conflict) or you are not using the one with supply with the scenery.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 01:21:11 am »
  Just double checked on my setup as well and all is good. Nothing backwards here.

contractpilot

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 02:18:44 am »
Umberto,

Thanks for your quick response.  Just to confirm - the starting point should be at the "beginning" of the runway approximately on the numbers and the aircraft should be showing a heading the same or as close to the runway designation?  I previously used BluePrint Simulation's KIAH.  I'll go back and remove that program and the current FSDT installation and then reinstall KIAH.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Paul K
KGYR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 09:30:50 am »
Just to confirm - the starting point should be at the "beginning" of the runway approximately on the numbers and the aircraft should be showing a heading the same or as close to the runway designation? 

Yes, this is how they normally are being made, and how we made them in the AFCAD that comes with the scenery.

Do you have any other suggestions?

The usual: check with the FSX airport scanner if you have other AFCADs for KIAH. And, even if you don't, be sure you are using the AFCAD WE supply with KIAH. For example, there's one you can download from the forum, but it hasn't been made by us, so we can't vouch for its correctness.

contractpilot

Re: Runway Starting Point - 09/27 and 26L/R-08L/R PROBLEM SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 04:34:12 pm »
Umberto,

Again thanks for your prompt response and follow-up.  Uninstalled all previous versions of KIAH both BluePrint Simulations and FSDT.  While I was doing this I realized I had installed a custom AFCAD offered by forum member after the initial introduction of KIAH.  Reinstalled FSDT KIAH - no problems.

Thanks again for you help and support.

Paul K
KGYR