Author Topic: F/A-18 C/D aircraft mod and textures (FSX/P3D)  (Read 212591 times)

Azframer

Re: FA-18 C/D aircraft mod and texture pack (FSX/P3D)
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2016, 05:46:24 pm »
I did not do any work on the cockpits for this bird, I wish I could say I did. Who ever did those did a really nice job. I only did 2 textures for the F/A-18, the Splinter Texture.USMC_VMFAT-101_12 and Aggressor Texture.USN_VFC-12_06.

Rick

PhantomTweak

Re: FA-18 C/D aircraft mod and texture pack (FSX/P3D)
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2016, 07:17:52 am »
Drat, the link is down. I could swear the textures you had posted included the cockpit...

After a LOT of searching, I discovered that my weakness for remembering names struck again. It was Mr. Ahmenace that "redid" the cockpit so wonderfully. I sincerely apologize!
Hey, they both start with an A, don't they?  ;D  :P
Again, my apologies for accusing you of doing great work. hehehe
Seriously, you DO great work with textures. Vastly better than anything I've ever even thought about doing. I appreciate all your hard work. A big thumbs up to ya!
Have fun all!
Pat☺

hd764jvgd843

Re: F/A-18 C/D aircraft mod and textures (FSX/P3D)
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2016, 02:01:35 pm »
Hi everybody,

after lengthy considerations and an invitation from Jimi to actively participate with the development and further improvement of the FSXBA Hornet I have finally decided not to update the FS, CS and NH mods anymore. This is to avoid unnecessary splintering and double work and to better pool our efforts to improve the jet based on the FSXBA models.
This was not an easy decision for me because I loved to fly the old FS and CS model files for quite some time beside the FSXBA Hornet, but the old files offer no room for further improvement and lack a number of details that cannot be integrated. So it is time to let go at some point.

I hope you will embrace the new FSXBA Hornet versions to come.

Peter

PhantomTweak

« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2016, 09:08:01 pm »
Great to see ya Peter!
Also great to see you joining the FSXBA Hornet development team. I understand your decision completely. It will be interesting to see the improvements I know you'll make, although it's a difficult concept. Improving on perfection :D
Hope to hear more from ya soon!
Pat☺

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2016, 11:23:21 pm »
Hey Pat,

great to see you are alive and kicking too and thanks for your kind words.

Improving on perfection :D
Yes, you are probably right. When we are finished with the bird, if it will ever be, probably long after the last legacy hornets have been phased out in 2022. The aircraft within the sim will be closer to reality than the actual Boeing simulators.  :D

Joking apart, I strongly believe we can successfully mimic a lot of key features of the actural aircraft within the sim and try pushing the sim's current limitations (dynamic MOIs, weight issues, flight dynamics/envelope, transsonic and supersonic engine performance at various altitudes, etc.) with an adaptive FCS up to a point where we would be getting close.
I truely enjoy the tweaking and testing process and providing suggestions for improvement more than flying around. As I did with the old mods, too - the new FCS just offers so much more room for impovement, now.
Just take the transition in/out of the g limiters for instance. Compared to the older solutions they are true bliss and even with a plain joystick you will get now the feeling of an FCS being at work. Driving the aircraft into certain situations and see how 'Bob' handles the jet and to see if the output is what one would expect - also trying to mimic actual flight behaviour/envelopes like sideslip, AoA/G limits, speeds and accelerations, loadouts/weights etc. and experience these results/variations within the sim are the things that still keep and kept me interested.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:28:02 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2016, 01:10:49 pm »
Hi everybody,

just wanted to let you know that I am currently very busy with a lot of real-life stuff, family and friends, and plans for the summer, and that work on the FSXBA project has come to a temporary hold, probably until the fall/winter season.

Hope you are all right and doing well.

Best regards,
Peter

PhantomTweak

« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2016, 06:52:50 am »
Real Life (wherever that place is...) always comes first! Especially in the summer. Just too nice to sit at a keyboard pecking away when the world awaits you outside :D
I've been flying, and just loving, the v16.1. It's as much better as the last version as the last version was than the default bird. And the last version was just fantastic, may I say! Jimi and Orion, and all the rest, really got it right, this time. And I wager it'll only get better!
I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Always great to hear from you Peter. Hope you're not getting overwhelmed by that icky W word  :'(  ::)
Have some fun. Make some time for yourself and your family. It's necessary to all humans :)
Pat☺

snowbird13

« Reply #262 on: May 09, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »
I'm new to this board and I realize I may be late, but can we please get RCAF textures for the Acceleration F/A-18 of last year and this year's Demo CF-18?

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #263 on: May 10, 2016, 04:51:54 am »
I'm new to this board and I realize I may be late, but can we please get RCAF textures for the Acceleration F/A-18 of last year and this year's Demo CF-18?

Hi snowbird13,
I am not sure which texture schemes you are exactly referring to, but I took the time and reuploaded the missing download links if that was what you were referring to.
Sorry, but I do not keep copies of older versions that the current ones available for download.
Please, bear in mind that these are outdated versions so to speak, and the download links will be removed altogether when final (non beta) FSXBA C/D variants are made available. Unfortunately, support of the older Acceleration (FS) and the CaptainSim (CS) models will have to be dropped due to certain incompatibilities/limitations and the amount of work involved.
Currently, I will not be doing any more new texture schemes because we already have a very nice bunch, and they are getting more and more complex to manage, update and improve.

Best regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:58:44 am by hd764jvgd843 »

snowbird13

« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2016, 05:31:46 pm »

Hi snowbird13,
I am not sure which texture schemes you are exactly referring to, but I took the time and reuploaded the missing download links if that was what you were referring to.
Sorry, but I do not keep copies of older versions that the current ones available for download.
Please, bear in mind that these are outdated versions so to speak, and the download links will be removed altogether when final (non beta) FSXBA C/D variants are made available. Unfortunately, support of the older Acceleration (FS) and the CaptainSim (CS) models will have to be dropped due to certain incompatibilities/limitations and the amount of work involved.
Currently, I will not be doing any more new texture schemes because we already have a very nice bunch, and they are getting more and more complex to manage, update and improve.

Best regards,
Peter

I understand. What I meant to say was the camouflage livery that was on the CF-18 last year and from this year (the yellow and black with red one). I saw that the new livery for the CF-18 is in the textures in one of those packs but wish there was a clean variant instead of a training variant.

Jax

« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2016, 11:06:32 pm »
Hello all, can someone on here make me a texture of the VAQ-139 for the Capt.Sim Hornet Mod? Please let me know......

Thanks, guys!!
vRCAF
No.416/433 TFS

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2016, 10:50:31 pm »
Hello Switch,

sorry to disappoint you mate but I won't be able to do any further texture schemes as I am currently busy with a lot of other stuff, as I posted earlier.
I had a quick look at VAQ-139 and it seems they transitioned directly from Prowler to Growler and in fact never utilized FA-18C/D variants - although not completely sure upon the subject. In case you want some VAQ-139 textures badly you could easily change some of the line textures already present as a template and adjust insignia and call signs yourself accordingly, just with some basic painting skills no magic required.

Best regards,
Peter

P.S. I currently do not have the time to regularly check the forum links if they are still operational. In case you are missing some updates resp. could not download them due to dead links, please feel free to post a message, as I will try to reupload them the next time around. They should stay active for at least three months from the last download.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:05:39 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

Victory103

« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2016, 01:44:35 am »
Peter, that is correct about the VAQ squadrons and their transition from Prowler to Growler. I have a few paints on the CS model that are for Super Hornet squadrons flying the "F", as there are no 2 seat Rhinos (yet). If someone really wanted a Growler, the oldie,but goodie FS-KBT model can be ported over to FSX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Azframer

« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2016, 11:29:59 am »
I have the FS-KBT Super E,F and G model I found.

Rick

snowbird13

« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2016, 04:35:15 pm »
Anyone up for it?