Author Topic: Autogen  (Read 9224 times)

rhammond

Autogen
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »
Hey folks,

This has probably been answered here somewhere, but do you suppress autogen on approach to your airports?  That is, I notice all buildings are missing around the aircraft on approach to kord.  This makes sense to give good approach to complex airport? 

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Autogen
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:24:24 pm »
Autogen is suppressed automatically by the sim when we need to create an exclusion zone to remove any possibly conflicting objects from other sceneries or from the default scenery.

How it extends *outside* the airport property, depends both how the exclusion zones are made and how the airport is generally shaped. Ideally, it would be less visible if the airport perimeter was exactly squared or rectangular and perfectly north/south or east/west oriented, because that's the only possible shape of the exclude zone: they can't be rotated or have being of a polygonal shape, that's why autogen suppression doesn't always matches the airport perimeter.

rhammond

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »
Any options to dissable these exclusion zones?

Just curious

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 04:43:16 pm »
Any options to dissable these exclusion zones?

Obviously not, otherwise you'll see all the default O'Hare mixed in. That's the whole point of their existence.

rhammond

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 04:57:17 pm »
Now I got it! 

What I am seeing are no buildings on the left or right side of the aircraft on approach or departure?  The scenery is flat or suppressed out to a point.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:43 pm »
What I am seeing are no buildings on the left or right side of the aircraft on approach or departure?  The scenery is flat or suppressed out to a point.

Already explained in my first reply: the scenery exclusion zones also exclude autogen, and they can be only rectangular, so they won't always match the shape of the airport property.