Author Topic: Wideview install and kord install eeaselerateengine.dll  (Read 10542 times)

rhammond

Wideview install and kord install eeaselerateengine.dll
« on: May 04, 2014, 02:22:00 am »
Hey folks,
I believe that wideview and fsdreamteam esellerateengine.dll can get into a conflict.  Has anyone found that wideview install corrupts kord install?  I believe wideview fs9 uses an old version of the dll and fsdreamteam uses newer version.  Turns out after install, wideview has an error and kord does not load.  Trying to figure out how to fix both apps.  E.g., delete all esellerateengine.dll and load a new one?

I do not have scenery issues. All fsdreamteam scenery looks good. Using win 7.

Thanks for any help

Rick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wideview install and kord install eeaselerateengine.dll
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:07:20 am »
Yes, it's very well known that wideview corrupts ANY other product that uses Esellerate, not just FSDT, because the installer installs the old XP version of the Esellerateengine.dll, even when running under Windows 7.

Instead of installing the correct version for Windows 7, they suggest to *manually* copy the XP version into the C:\Windows folder, which is wrong. The correct solution is to use the newest version, and have it installed in the proper folder, which for Windows 7 is C:\ProgramData\Esellerate.

The solution is very simple: go into the C:\Windows folder, and REMOVE the Esellerateengine.dll. Also check if you have another copy into the FS9 root folder, and remove it from there too.

Then, reinstall any product from FSDT, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9, and this will reinstate the correct version in the correct folder.

rhammond

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »
Thanks for a reply!  We kind of suspected this, but we have training sims that need the side window support, so our bad luck!  I would still like to figure out how to make this combination Wideview and FSDreamteam work.  We could use the KORD and JFK scenery in our simulators.  Does FSDreamteam scenery use esellerateengine.dll each time it loads an airport, or is it a one time thing to insure license?  If we could get the airport scenery to work, then use older version of esellerateengine to keep WV working, would be great.  You have some great scenery!

R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »
We kind of suspected this, but we have training sims that need the side window support, so our bad luck!

Are you sure that wideview does NOT work with the current Esellerateengine.dll ?

We had similar reports from the key2mouse program from the same developer, and it also had the same issue: it comes with the old XP-only version instead of the current one that supports BOTH XP and Windows 7+, but the key2mouse program works with the new Esellerateengine.dll, so it's possible that wideview would as well. Have you tried to do what I've suggested ?

But even if it doesn't work, the correct solution is not asking us if the scenery could work with the older Esellerateengine ( it can't ), if Wideview is the one at fault here, since it installs the older Esellerateengine.dll which is not even supported anymore by Esellerate, you should ask the developer to update the program to support the correct version.

Is not just FSDT, it's also Flightbeam, Qualitywings, Flightsim Labs, and soon you'll see other developers all using Esellerate, and they ALL obviously use the current version, EXCEPT Wideview.

It's like asking anybody out there to support an outdated FSUIPC, just because you have ONE developer that hasn't updated its products since 2007, it's just wrong. Yes, the *current* version of Esellerate has been released 7 years ago, it's not they didn't had the time to update to it...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:53:51 pm by virtuali »

rhammond

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »
I did touch base with the developer and I believe the older version of Esellerateengine.dll is going to stay in place!  I also wonder why not a new version with the latest release?  We will try a clean install on the scenery and test the new version of Esellerateengine.dll to see if Wideview will continue to work?  I was hoping that someone else had tried this.  At least we know how to recover if there is a problem.  Please do not think I was asking you folks to comply with the Wideview application.  I apologize if I implied this.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »
We will try a clean install on the scenery and test the new version of Esellerateengine.dll to see if Wideview will continue to work?

Just do what I've suggested in my first reply:

- Go into the C:\Windows folder, and REMOVE the Esellerateengine.dll. Also check if you have another copy into the FS9 root folder, and remove it from there too.

- Then, reinstall any product from FSDT, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9, and this will reinstate the correct version in the correct folder.

You must do this after Wideview is installed. If you install Wideview after doing this, you will have to do it again.