Author Topic: GSX UAL Baggage loader sim.cfg  (Read 3395 times)

SKEWR

GSX UAL Baggage loader sim.cfg
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:18:42 pm »
Hello;

Just noticed that the sim.cfg no longer has KIAH as a primary ground handler for UAL. (Nor does it list KCLE for UAL either... possibly due to the real life downgrade)

Also when I searched for UAL hubs, the official site lists KBOS, EDDF, PGUM, EGLL and RJAA as hubs. Not quite sure why KTPA, KLAS, and KOMA are in the .cfg.. Maybe something in real life caused those airports to be added?

Can the above hubs be added to UAL's GSX entry when you update the file again?

Thanks.

PS: Yes I do alter these myself, but some others may not be aware.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX UAL Baggage loader sim.cfg
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:32 am »
Just noticed that the sim.cfg no longer has KIAH as a primary ground handler for UAL. (Nor does it list KCLE for UAL either... possibly due to the real life downgrade)

I don't think UAL ever had a score of 4 at KIAH. Is getting a score of 1 with the K letter, which is a catch-all code for any US airport that is not more specifically set. In fact, you shouldn't confuse an *airline* hub, to who's providing ground support.

According to real-life accurate information, the following companies do ground handling at KIAH:

Integrated Airline Services
Menzies Aviation
Servisair USA
Swissport USA

In one of the next GSX upgrade, we are going to include a much more accurate database of ground handlers, based on this information. Hoping that nobody will then complain about their favorite airline to have disappeared as a Ground Handler...

SKEWR

Re: GSX UAL Baggage loader sim.cfg
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:45:50 am »
Not complaining. Just asking for a rationale and possibly helping.
Thanks for the reply.