Author Topic: uninstalling gsx  (Read 4699 times)

coolgovind180

uninstalling gsx
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:53 am »
respected sir,

I am buying a new PC and i would like to install GSX in that. I have two enquiries:

1. Is it necessary to uninstall GSX from the old system to install it in the new one?

2. What are the procedures for uninstalling GSX? Also is there any manual for installing GSX in the new one? I would like to review the process of installation of GSX.

3. What is the latest version number of GSX including all the vechicle and other updates as of today? Is the gsx setup on the home page of FSDT the latest version including all the updates?

4. Similarly what is the latest version of standalone manager?

Thanking you

govind
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:25:26 am by coolgovind180 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: uninstalling gsx
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:42:17 am »
1. Is it necessary to uninstall GSX from the old system to install it in the new one?

No.

But if you select the DEACTIVATE feature on the Addon Manager on the old system when is still working normally (before getting rid of it or reformatting it), you won't consume a new activation ( of the 6 you have available ) when reinstalling on the NEW system.

Once you Deactivate on the old system, GSX will revert to Trial mode there, and then it becomes irrelevant if you want to Uninstall it or leave it there, or reformat.

2. What are the procedures for uninstalling GSX? Also is there any manual for installing GSX in the new one? I would like to review the process of installation of GSX.

If with "uninstalling", you mean removing the installed product, it's made just like any other Windows program out there: from the "Add/Remove Programs" section of the Windows Control Panel.

If, instead, with "uninstalling", you mean removing your ACTIVATION on that system, it's done using the "DEACTIVATE" function of the Addon Manager, which is entirely unrelated to the act of Uninstalling.

And, this is not even required: it will just save you one activation, but not much will change if you forget to Deactivate, it's just the next installation on the new system will use another activation, of the 6 you have available.

3. What is the latest version number of GSX including all the vechicle and other updates as of today? Is the gsx setup on the home page of FSDT the latest version including all the updates?

ALL the installers found on our site at any given time, are always the very latest versions.

Since our Trial versions are 100% complete, we don't need to publish patches, considering our installers are not very large.

This means, you can spare you the trouble of keeping a backup of our installers, because they are always freely available here without any limitations on the download, and are always kept updated the very latest version so, whenever you need to reinstall something, it's easier to just redownload it and don't lose time wondering if you have or not the most current version.

coolgovind180

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:53:41 am »
i just have to say...thanks a lot for the prompt reply and support. You have explained everything in a nutshell in a very understanding way. Thanks a lot.

Only one more thing to ask. So as you said if i dont deactivate it from my old system, then i will simply loose my one activation out of total 6 avaliable and after installing in my new PC i would have only 4 remaining. So its better to deactivate GSX from my old PC to simply not waste my activation..correct? i will do so. :)

Also as explained by you, my plan is now to deactivate GSX from my old system, uninstall and remove GSX completely from my old system and then install GSX in the new system so that i have 5 activations remaining out of 6 after installing in new PC.

Also i will download the latest version from GSX home page which is version 1.8.9.1 and contains all the vehicle updates and liveries for ground vehicles as of today. I will also do the same for standalone manager. This eliminates the procedure for installing the patches provided in the forum right?

Again, in reference to installation procedures, is there any order for running GSX set up and standalone manager? which should be run first? after running the installer, the key can be entered in the add on manager to activate GSX right?

Again thanks a lot for the reply.

PS: pleased with your GSX product

Govind.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:59:40 am by coolgovind180 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 11:09:29 am »
i dont deactivate it from my old system, then i will simply loose my one activation out of total 6 avaliable and after installing in my new PC i would have only 4 remaining. So its better to deactivate GSX from my old PC to simply not waste my activation..correct?

Yes.

my plan is now to deactivate GSX from my old system, uninstall and remove GSX completely from my old system and then install GSX in the new system so that i have 5 activations remaining out of 6 after installing in new PC.

Yes, but this is only related to the fact you Deactivated it. As I've said, after you Deactivate GSX on the old system, it will revert in Trial so, whether you Uninstall it or not from there, it doesn't make any difference anymore.

Also i will download the latest version from GSX home page which is version 1.8.9.1 and contains all the vehicle updates and liveries for ground vehicles as of today

That's what I've said.

I will also do the same for standalone manager. This eliminates the procedure for installing the patches provided in the forum right?

You don't need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it comes with each and every installer on our site.

The installation order doesn't matter, and the only reason why you would want to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, is if a GSX major update comes AFTER you installed it, so you can apply it without downloading the full GSX installer again, but it's not needed if you install using the latest installer, because it contains everything it needs to run (including the Addon Manager), and it's always the most current version.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:11:04 am by virtuali »

coolgovind180

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 11:23:43 am »
thanks a lot...all confusions cleared....

So download the GSX setup from home page run the installer,....activate it using the key using the add on manager..:) :) :)

and for any future upgrades....install the patches as and when they are released..

just one more enquiry...in my old GSX system...i had configured all the freeware aircrafts (tom ruth, posky, tds etc:) using the add on manager..and  after installing in the new system..i will have to do again the whole configuration....is there a simple way to configure in the new system using some file from old one/?

thanking you
govind

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 11:29:17 am »
So download the GSX setup from home page run the installer,....activate it using the key using the add on manager..:) :) :)

Yes, very simple...

and for any future upgrades....install the patches as and when they are released..

GSX patches are distributed with the Live Update method, that will notify you of updates. Minor updates can be applied without restarting FSX, and Major updates will require to exit from FSX, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. The Live Update message will tell you what to do, of course...

just one more enquiry...in my old GSX system...i had configured all the freeware aircrafts (tom ruth, posky, tds etc:) using the add on manager..and  after installing in the new system..i will have to do again the whole configuration....is there a simple way to configure in the new system using some file from old one/?

Yes, if you copy the "Airplanes" folder from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder in the old system, to the same place in the new system after installing GSX, you'll have all your existing airplane customization files back.

Same with the "GSX" folder, that will hold any customization you might have done for airports.

coolgovind180

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 12:26:20 pm »
Damn excellent and super easy....thanks a lot for the reply...this topic can be marked resolved..:) :)