Author Topic: GSX Parking Info Header  (Read 22932 times)

tf51d

Re: GSX Parking Info Header
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »
You were running in full screen, that's a known issue that has been acknowledged to be a problem in this thread, there wasn't any need to post a video, and I kindly ask if you would remove it.

As I've said, use it in Windowed mode only, and if you are affected in windowed mode too, you can just turn the Verbosity slider one notch down, so the readout won't appear. This is a TEMPORARY solution, until we figure out what is causing the fps drop.

1. I'm a little surprised at your response to this. Most developers would want an example of a problem.

2. I posted this, because what has been reported in this thread, has only been a frame rate drop, I think this video clearly shows the affects are something more then that, at least on my system. My system is not a fast system with only a GTX 460 card. There is clearly some sort of contention within the graphic system when marshallers are activated, and my graphic card, just couldn't keep up, which is why it my graphics are getting corrupted as well.

3. The problem with frames still occurs in Window mode, frame's drop from the 20's (Higher in external view) to 5.5, but there is no video corruption in this mode. I just tried the Verbosity slider, and that does seem to mask the issue, so I'm back flying!

4. This video was not made public and no intention to slander you or your company was intended. It's only link to it is on this thread, meant for support purposes only.  I just removed the link from my post.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:41:33 pm by tf51d »

Driver170

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 04:18:35 pm »
Some updates can be a nightmare and ruin the whole addon but i'm sure the developer will sort this out!

Well i just run the update again and done the install and now that update with the marshaller distance thing isn't appearing anymore not. Sure why its not downloaded it but i don't care, its gone lol

dr_watson

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »
Same problem, although it's more like my screen shakes like crazy rather than an FPS drop.  I would like the idea of the bar, without the problems, but will try another update and also disable it until/if it gets fixed. 

Driver170

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:12 pm »
Same problem as you watson!

I just re-ran the update and now its gone. GOOOOOD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
1. I'm a little surprised at your response to this. Most developers would want an example of a problem.

But since I already said we are aware of it, in a post before yours, there wasn't any need to post it.

2. I posted this, because what has been reported in this thread, has only been a frame rate drop, I think this video clearly shows the affects are something more then that, at least on my system

In full screen mode, there's also flickerking, that's normal. Full screen mode can't be used with this feature.

[qipte]3. The problem with frames still occurs in Window mode, frame's drop from the 20's (Higher in external view) to 5.5, but there is no video corruption in this mode. I just tried the Verbosity slider, and that does seem to mask the issue, so I'm back flying![/quote]

That's what has been said, although I can't see a large fps drop in windowed mode. But that's probably depending where you are flying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »
As I've said, several times already, if you have problems with this feature, just set the "Verbosity" slider one notch down, and it will be as before, with no readout.

It seems the problem can't be really fixed, without making the readout useless (updating it with less frequency would fix it, but it won't be very useful then).

We are re-writing that feature entirely, to use a completely different method, much better-looking and totally unaffecting fps, even in full screen. Stay tuned for another update and just turn the Verbosity slider one notch down in the meantime.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:40 am »
We had another update today, and now the distance indication is made using a very different approach, in 3d, so it's more fps-friendly and fully compatible with DirectX full screen mode, in addition to be much nicer to look at:

To get this update, you must do the following steps:

1) Download the following file, and unzip it into the FSX\Simobjects\Misc folder

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29695365/FSDT_Font.zip

You should end up with an "FSDT_Font" folder under the FSX\Simobjects\Misc folder. If you don't put this object there, there will be no distance readout.

2) Force a Live Update check, by selecting the "Check Live Update" option from the Couatl menu in FSX, to get the latest Marshaller code.

Awaiting your feedback...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:45:35 am by virtuali »

tf51d

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »
Very nice solution! I got a very good parking rating the first try!! No frame rate loss or any other issues at all! Still no Macarena Dance though  ;D

Thanks!!

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »
Thank you Umberto. Very nice solution.  :)
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

DaveT

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 09:31:29 pm »
My GSX is not working at all now :(  Says no afcad available at this position)   Tested at 4 locations within the taxiways. Help please?

dr_watson

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 09:43:07 pm »
Saw the solution on Avsim forum, now works perfect, thanks for the support.

Iain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 10:37:22 pm »
My GSX is not working at all now :(  Says no afcad available at this position)   Tested at 4 locations within the taxiways. Help please?

Since this doesn't have anything to do with the Marshaller distance readout, you shouldn't post in this thread. Open a new thread for it, because posting totally unrelated issues in a completely different thread, will just confuse other users and would make support needlessly more complicated.