Author Topic: GSX Parking Info Header  (Read 22927 times)

massynrc

GSX Parking Info Header
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:33:32 pm »
Hi All!

Tonight GSX did an update. After I landed, approached the parking, and bam, I have this new information bar on the top showing the distance to go to stop and the offset on the parking. This is brilliant, BUT - the frame rate drop that goes with it the moment that goes on is unbearable. Is there a way to switch this off?

Cheers!

Reinhardt Massyn

Chrjs

Re: GSX Parking Info Header
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:57:31 am »
Same experience here. Very nice feature but way to frame-heavy. My frames just got down to 25%, from my locked 40 to about 9 in KMDW....

massynrc

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 03:30:43 pm »
I Initially thought it was just a fluke. But then I took the most basic plane, at the most basic scenery airfield in the middle of no where and from a super smooth above 30 locked, BAM! Down to 7... Need to have that fixed - urgh! Irritating!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:08:24 pm »
I'm trying to understand why this is happening: the problem seems to happen ONLY in Full screen mode, so it's surely some DirectX issue with text in Full screen mode. Unfortunately, this readout must be updated at every frame, otherwise it's not very useful. The fps doesn't change a bit in Windowed mode.

For the time being, either use Windowed mode, or reduce the "Verbosity" slider in the "Simulation" page of the "GSX - Settings" menu to one notch, so the readout won't be displayed.

massynrc

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:39 pm »
I am only using Windowed mode... Please keep us updated. Will try now what you suggested. Thanx!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:56:29 pm »
I am only using Windowed mode... Please keep us updated. Will try now what you suggested. Thanx!

You mean you got an fps drop EVEN in Windowed mode ? That's strange, and I can't replicate it in any way. I have a sharp fps drop in full screen, but can't see any difference in windowed mode, not even a fraction of an frame down.

ksucarl

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:09:59 am »
I only use windowed as well, huge frame drop when the bar came up.

Martin_Starski

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:02:48 pm »
I can confirm as I have the same drastic decrease of fps in window mode... Yesterday I was totally stunned by this after arriving to ESSA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 04:27:46 pm »
I can only confirm that I can't see any fps change in windowed mode, but a very noticeable one in full screen. I'll keep trying to understand what it is, and of course, if you are affected, you can just turn the Verbosity slider one notch down, so the readout won't appear.

bradimarte

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 06:22:46 pm »
I'm the same issue of drop frame with this new bar, and even if I have setted the verbosity to 0, countinue to see it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »
even if I have setted the verbosity to 0, countinue to see it.

You don't have the most current version.

tf51d

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:03 pm »
I'm seeing the same frame rate issue, but it's more of a fast pace stutter then a frame rate hit. Worse if you switch views  it starts flashing scenes. It stops once parking i revoked. Here's a sample

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:40:37 pm by tf51d »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:39:44 am »
I'm seeing the same frame rate issue, but it's more of a fast pace
stutter then a frame rate hit. Worse if you switch views  it starts flashing scenes. It stops once parking i revoked. Here's a sample

You were running in full screen, that's a known issue that has been acknowledged to be a problem in this thread, there wasn't any need to post a video, and I kindly ask if you would remove it.

As I've said, use it in Windowed mode only, and if you are affected in windowed mode too, you can just turn the Verbosity slider one notch down, so the readout won't appear. This is a TEMPORARY solution, until we figure out what is causing the fps drop.

Driver170

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 09:56:13 am »
Can you not just turn it off i choose not to use it anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 10:43:44 am »
Can you not just turn it off i choose not to use it anyway.

It you don't use it, you can turn it off using the "Verbosity" slider, that's why there's a slider. Not all users have an fps problem, surely not all of them in Windowed mode ( I don't have it, for example ) so, if you don't use it, just use the appropriate slider option, which is there for a reason...