Author Topic: Why "Ramp GA" for all parking spots?  (Read 9810 times)

jordanal

Why "Ramp GA" for all parking spots?
« on: September 27, 2008, 05:29:16 pm »
Hi,
I just installed my 3rd FSDT scenery (JFK), all of which were very recently purchased.  I'd like to know why the KORD and KJFK airports have all parking spaces designated as "Ramp GA" instead of the proper reference such as "Gate Medium", "Gate Small", and so forth when viewed from within the FSX UI?  This makes it very hard to find a suiteable (properly sized) gate to start from.  FWIW, Zurich seems to have the proper designations.

Also, are these FSX parking spaces AI compliant with the standard wing_span values spreadsheet developed by Reggie Fields some time ago?  FSX Parking spaces designated should be:

18.0M GATE_SMALL
23.0M GATE_MEDIUM
36.0M GATE_HEAVY

Thanks,
Al
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:43:46 pm by jordanal »
Regards,
Al

ThePilot_Ace

Re: Why "Ramp GA" for all parking spots?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:12:23 pm »
Maybe they're lazy  :P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:21:18 pm »
I'd like to know why the KORD and KJFK airports have all parking spaces designated as "Ramp GA" instead of the proper reference such as "Gate Medium", "Gate Small", and so forth when viewed from within the FSX UI?  This makes it very hard to find a suiteable (properly sized) gate to start from

Because at KORD and KJFK we have our own AI ground traffic, so we have custom models, better fps  and no ground vehicels spawning from the inside of the terminals. The only way not to have the MS default ground vehicles, is to flag the parking as not being of the Gate type.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:13:06 am by virtuali »

jordanal

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:03:51 am »
I'd like to know why the KORD and KJFK airports have all parking spaces designated as "Ramp GA" instead of the proper reference such as "Gate Medium", "Gate Small", and so forth when viewed from within the FSX UI?  This makes it very hard to find a suiteable (properly sized) gate to start from

Because at KORD and KJFK we have our own AI ground traffic, so we have custom models, better fps  and no ground vehicels spawing from the inside of the terminals. The only way to not have the MS default ground vehicles, is to flag them as not being of the Gate type.

Ahh, now that's an answer I didn't expect.  Makes sense.
Regards,
Al

jordanal

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:20:18 am »
BTW, is there a recommended slider-bar setting for this custom AI Airport ground traffic?  Or, is the quantity relative to the slider-bar, just like the default traffic?

Thanks,
Al
Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:22 am »
BTW, is there a recommended slider-bar setting for this custom AI Airport ground traffic?  Or, is the quantity relative to the slider-bar, just like the default traffic?

Since we don't have MS default ground traffic, that slider position shouldn't change anything, except for Refuel veichles. Our custom ground AI density is instead linked to the Scenery Complexity slider.