Author Topic: bglmanx.dll doesn't updated  (Read 4509 times)

lucagigli

bglmanx.dll doesn't updated
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:51:32 pm »
On FsX, starting a flight, appears the message that bglmanx.dll is outdated, suggesting to install the new version of Addon manager. I've done it and I see that the installer recognize I've also P3D2 v2 version (I've the last, 2.3). Finished the installation of Addon manager, I restart FsX, but the same message come back loading a flight appears: bglmanx is outdated and suggests to install the new one, but I've done it!

What can I do?

Thank you

Luca
Italy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll doesn't updated
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:38:08 pm »
You said the installer recognized P3D, so if you agreed to install into it, only the Addon Manager installed inside P3D will be updated. If you want to update the one installed in FSX, you must answer NO when you are asked to install into P3D, so the installation will go into FSX.

If you still have problems, contact me with PM or Email, so I can explain it in italian...

lucagigli

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:37:26 am »
Ok, thank you, now it works. Can I suggest you to have an installer with an initial option choosing which simulator? Maybe it happens a misunderstanding with the initial question.

Thank you again

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »
Can I suggest you to have an installer with an initial option choosing which simulator? Maybe it happens a misunderstanding with the initial question.

The installer already allows you to choose the simulator. IF P3D is found, it will tell you:

"P3D V2.x has been found, do you want to install there ?"

If you reply YES, it will install there, otherwise, if you say NO (assuming you have FSX installed), it will tell you:

"Prepar3D found, but the installation will go into FSX"

Can't see how this could be misunderstood as anything else.

lucagigli

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »
It's not so easy to understand it, this is why I suggest you a different installer method like others software, with all simulators listed

Thank you :)

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 05:26:46 pm »
It's not so easy to understand it, this is why I suggest you a different installer method like others software, with all simulators listed

As I've said, I can't see how those clear messages could be misunderstood as with anything else or that they are suggesting that, when a P3D installation is requested, the installer will ALSO install in FSX. That would be very misleading: if I reply Yes to the question about installing into P3D, I expect it will install JUST there, which is precisely what the installer does.

lucagigli

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »
It's happened to me, it can happens to someone else. I think this installer isn't so intuitive as you think, because you now how it works. In my job I'm always careful that aren't possibilty to misunderstanding. I think an installer with all the options to choose one, it's more "user friendly".

Thank you again :)

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:38:10 am »
It's happened to me, it can happens to someone else

Right now it happened JUST to you. If and when someone else would report the same problem, perhaps we might start taking it into consideration.

But since I receive something like 10 emails EACH DAY, by users asking how to retrieve their lost purchase receipts, when this information is clearly indicated on the FAQ page, the installation guide, and a sticky post on the forum in this very section, I doubt it make any difference.

If we changed the question into a sim selection screen, some users might assume that, since they saw BOTH P3D and the FSX pictured, the installation would go in BOTH sims by default, and they simply clicked at random without thinking.

To quote one of my favorite sci-fi authors, Robert Heinlein:

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

lucagigli

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »
Thank you for compliments, no problems  :)

Luca