Author Topic: Norton 360  (Read 18106 times)

mebe

Re: Norton 360
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 04:49:06 pm »
Good idea, I have Teamviewer.

Posted in Virtually sas, probably not the way to adress you in privat ?

Kind regards
Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

mebe

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 04:45:25 pm »
If you face similar Problems, delete GSX and addon Manager using Windows Systems.

Download GSX (only !) with Antivirus completely shut down uand install GSX (only !).

Then start FSX.  You will be asked to accept both then, cuatl and addon Manager as yoe are used to.

Addon Manager and cuatl are now shown in the FSX bar again (what they were not in my case). And hopefully GSX and the Airports will work again. Could not check it  (Christmas). But it Looks like, because before they were not active at all.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

mebe

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 07:42:03 pm »
Hopefully I found a solution for at least my problem.

Which started with Norton 360 to refuse bglmanx.dll and cuatl.exe, when I was asked to update when starting FSX.

Norton recommended to delete addon manager and GSX, what I did.

Doing this and download GSX alone, intsalling (without the addon manager, it is installed by GSX itself, if not already available on the system), both worked again, but several other programs, features and modules did not work any more.

I just did the following and made a short touch go in FRA, and everything seeems to work again.

GSX, addon manager (I have no time to look after the airports), GoFlight etc.

I think this hint is worth to be tried trying desparatley to get jour systems running.

Go to the following side:
    http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime-Libraries.html

and follow the instuctions.

Then to this side and download also:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Doing so my system is working again. Important download one and install, then download the next one and install on so on !!!

The strange thing is, that I now have only the 2013 VC++ in my sytem under software.

I have not checked, if VC++2013 obviously replaces all the older versions. No idea. So probably try only to install the VC++2013 and look if it solves your problems.

But even going through the whole procedure does only take a few minutes.

I really hope this is the solution for all of you ?

I forgot to mention that I still get the message when staring FSX not to accept the virtually Software, which I ignore, means I accept to run the Software.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:49:54 pm by mebe »
Best regards

Bernd