Author Topic: Norton 360  (Read 18101 times)

mebe

Re: Norton 360
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 06:29:41 pm »
It is very strange.

I was following your advise, disengaged antyvirus, scans etc. completely
during download and installation. Took even an other PC for the download.

Checked Simconnect.

Followed the trouble shooting according the manual and installed again
the mentioned windows file Microsoft Visual just to be sure.

No result. Neither the addon manager is activated/shown in the FSX bar,
nor cualtl.exe can be started.

What works is the cuatl updater, means it startts an update when activated..

When I started FSX I was asked to accept the software what I did.

None of the airports "works". (Activated in FSX).

I have no idea, what have went wrong ?

What else could I look for ?

Kind regards

Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 09:41:12 pm »
Checked Simconnect.

And the result ? Try to change the line

level=errors

into

level=normal

and try again.

When I started FSX I was asked to accept the software what I did.

Please indicate your actual output from the Simconnect diagnostic mode, with level = normal.

nor cualtl.exe can be started.

You cannot start it manually, it's supposed to run only when called by FSX, but if you got an error message when trying to start it, that might lead to what your problem is.

mebe

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:34 pm »
Hi,

neither Errors nor normal do make any differnce.

0.00000 SimConnect Version 10.0.61259.0

Kind regards
Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 05:44:17 pm »
neither Errors nor normal do make any differnce.

It seems your Simconnect is not responding OR nothing is being launched, which seems to indicate the antivirus is still blocking the modules, or perhaps has even removed them.

Try to change

level=normal

into

level=verbose

mebe

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 06:03:02 pm »
No, same result.

I checked the PC with a General scan and there was nothing mentioned to be critical.

The two critical files were  marked as to be excluded.

Best regards

Bernd

mebe

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 06:09:36 pm »
I do not know, which programs also use simconnect ? They should be in trubble then also ?

I have

REX 2
EFB Aivlasoft
PM Sound Programm
The Avionics from Aerosoft Australia
RAAS (Freeware) on the same PC
WOAI (Freeware)

and on a second Networking

Avionics Aerosoft Australia
EFB
Topcat
PM Sound

They are always activ and all of them are working.
Best regards

Bernd

mebe

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 06:21:36 pm »
And forgot

Accu Feel from A2A
FSUIPC

on the FSX PC
Best regards

Bernd

mebe

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 06:31:57 pm »
Question,

when I am starting the FSX after installing the addon Manager for the first time.

Should I be asked then once (für the bglmanx.dll) and also separately for the cuatl.exe ?

I am asking, because I was under the Impression, that in the past I was asked twice, and just now, I installed the addon Manage again,(but without deleting it before) and was only asked once (bglmanx.dll).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:34:03 pm by mebe »
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »
Should I be asked then once (für the bglmanx.dll) and also separately for the cuatl.exe ?

Both programs, with two separate questions.

just now, I installed the addon Manage again,(but without deleting it before) and was only asked once (bglmanx.dll).

This is not meaningful, if don't reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon manager ?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?" that are made at the end of the uninstall process.

Try to Uninstall and Reinstall, reply YES to BOTH the above questions, and NOTE if you are being asked permission to run the two modules.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 06:50:26 pm »
I do not know, which programs also use simconnect ? They should be in trubble then also ?

I would guess that many of them use Simconnect. But in that case, you SHOULD see "something" in the Simconnect diagnostic window. If you aren't, it means that either none of them use Simconnect, or they are not working too or, possibly, not working entirely, perhaps they don't use Simconnect for everything.

mebe

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »
I just reinstalled simconnect (repaired it), deleted the addon manger, einstalled it, started fSX and in this case was asked twice.

All programs do work and if FSX is waiting for a Client and then connecting (what happens), indicates, that simconnect is working ? EFB Aivlasoft f.e. Needs it and is working.

No sorry, waiting for a Client is widefs, if I am correct.

Just checked the EFB Manual ikt uses/Needs netframework 3.5
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:06:57 pm by mebe »
Best regards

Bernd

mebe

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »
Probably the only way is to identify all eventually mislinked or uncompleted files, where ever the addon Manager is addressing the FSX and what so ever, delete it by hand and reinstall ?

To do so, you would have to tell me where I would have to look for.

The FSX and all ist components, addons, Service programs do work, I just checked, except the addons controlled by the addon Manager.

Kind regards

Bernd
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »
The FSX and all ist components, addons, Service programs do work, I just checked, except the addons controlled by the addon Manager.

You still haven't posted a Simconnect log that indicates it's working normally. It's not possible it would show a blank line, with level=verbose, so something is wrong there.

mebe

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 11:55:16 am »
But then this must have happend, when Norton, obviously after the last update, refused to accept the last GSX update.

Until I have reported my difficulties, everything worked well. GSX and all FSdreamteam Airports as well those controlled by the manager worked.

When I started the FSX Cualtl reported an GSX update, which I accepted, without shutting down the FSX (normal and recommended prodedure ?). Then obviously, when the update of GSX was intergrated Norton 360 (updates are automated) poped up with the known message and strongly recommended to delete the infected program. What I did, because at that time the FSX PCs were connected to my home network engaged with crucial jobs.

That GSX was not working anymore I realized, when I ordered push back.

Just to get it in the right way. I learned from you that the manager can only be started by the FSX active/working ?

So when I delete the manager in microsoft systems, download and install it again, what I now did several times. Always with Norton completely shut down and in addition the two mentioned files accepted.

I then start FSX and I am asked twice if I accept cuatl and bglman, The additional files are downloaded, I get all the reports, that default files are changed etc, everything like always before.

So the questions are

By what means FSX recognizes the manager?  If it is FSX/Simconnect, than simconnect is working ?
So if I am asked, to accept the two files to be installed and connected or whatever is initiating by accepting, the additional downloads are started, messages that default files are exchanged, everything performs like I am used to for years now.

So to find the mistake, and  this procedure is the presumption then I would have to look at what stage the manager is installed into the FSX and shown in the FSX bar.

Because I have not made any other installations after the problem occured and Norton deleted cuatl.exe and bglman.dll one or both must "infect" additional files, which obviously are recognized by Norton then as also infected and are blocked?

I am not a n expert, I just try to follow logical patterns. So the question, is it possible to name what can be looked after, is it possible to delete simmconnect and reinstall it, respectively, where do I find it ? Or is it part of the FSX ?

Kind regards
Bernd
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:04:42 pm by mebe »
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 12:57:39 pm »
I think it's just easier if you install Teamviewer, so I can connect to you and have a look at your system. Contact me in private to arrange that.