Author Topic: The Cliffs of Hawaii (Not Dover)  (Read 5404 times)

gijas

The Cliffs of Hawaii (Not Dover)
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:01:26 am »
I use Pilots FSX Global 2010 Mesh for Oceania and notice at the end of each airport scenery boundary there is a cliff that surrounds where the scenery ends and Mega Scenery Earth Hawaii begins. I assume this is a elevation issue but when I go back to the default mesh it still has the cliff present. This is at both Hilo and Lihue (Hawaiian Airports Vol 1) but the cliff is much more noticeable at Lihue Airport than Hilo where even the ocean water along the shore juts up on a plateau.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Cliffs of Hawaii (Not Dover)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:11:26 am »
This has been explained many times already on the forum, the FSX engine doesn't really support sloped runways, the airport must be flat, so it's designed to be flattened at the official published airport.

This means, the higher your Mesh settings, the more you'll see a difference in elevation when the flattened airport will meet the terrain that in real world would result in a sloping runway.

Either lower your Mesh resolution a bit, until the effects is less noticeable, or live with it.

gijas

Re: The Cliffs of Hawaii (Not Dover)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:27:58 am »
This has been explained many times already on the forum, the FSX engine doesn't really support sloped runways..

Ops. I forgot to say I use P3D v2.3. But I do have my Mesh set at 2m so I may try to back it off a bit and see if it helps.