Author Topic: aircraft skidding, SEQ issue  (Read 8118 times)

Scoutdriver

aircraft skidding, SEQ issue
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:02:25 pm »
First off, what a blast to fly the Hornet. The complexity of the cockpit is perfect. The visuals are great. I'm having a couple of issues though. When I land and apply brakes, the aircraft starts sliding/skidding in either direction. Sometimes it does a complete 360. I have the brakes mapped to my joystick trigger. I've tried adjusting the repeat bar. I'm using a twist joystick for yaw/pedals so I've adjusted my yaw sensitivity too. I'm still having problems with keeping it lined up with brakes applied. Also, I'm having issues with the SEQ too. I did the research and tried turning on light bloom, reinstalled/updated C++, set my page file to system manage, etc. CTD everytime. I also get CTD when try to pull up the Navlog on the kneeboard. Not sure if anyone cracked the code on this yet, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:18:57 am by Scoutdriver »

Chappy

Re: aircraft skidding, SEQ issue
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:18:07 pm »
I have the same problem (skidding on landing)

DaWood2003

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »
I've had the same problem for a while also until I tried some experimenting with landings. First I try touching down between 115-125 knots then arming the speedbrakes. Then I tap the brakes lightly until i get at 60 knots then I'll tap the brakes a little longer until i get down to about 25 knots and at that point i'll hold the brakes until I come to a complete stop. The plane will turn slightly during the process but not out of control if done correctly.

Scoutdriver

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 11:20:43 pm »
I've had the same problem for a while also until I tried some experimenting with landings. First I try touching down between 115-125 knots then arming the speedbrakes. Then I tap the brakes lightly until i get at 60 knots then I'll tap the brakes a little longer until i get down to about 25 knots and at that point i'll hold the brakes until I come to a complete stop. The plane will turn slightly during the process but not out of control if done correctly.

Thanks DaWood. I've actually tried the same thing and it seems to alleviate the problem somewhat. I also increased my yaw sensitivity all the way and it actually gives more control....as long as I don't overcontrol.

BlakTiger47

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 10:37:16 pm »
Another thing to try would be (when landing on a runway, not on a carrier) touch down on your back gear at 130 knots, turn on the speed brake, but flare up and keep the nose gear in the air and roll out until about 60 knots then let your nose gear touch down and brake. thats how i've been doin it since i got the game and its been working for me.
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire

Scoutdriver

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »
...flare up and keep the nose gear in the air and roll out until about 60 knots then let your nose gear touch down and brake. thats how i've been doin it since i got the game and its been working for me.

That did work well. Once I figured that out I was actually less afraid of landing.  ;D

Chappy

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 01:35:30 pm »

Tried that and worked well, but I also noticed it happens when you land at 150-150 knots. Maybe a bit too fast...  ;)