Author Topic: new runway at ord  (Read 12454 times)

2yellowdogs

new runway at ord
« on: September 26, 2008, 05:28:34 pm »
The new 9L/27R runway will open at ord in November. When can we expect an update? ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: new runway at ord
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:33:30 pm »
The new 9L/27R runway will open at ord in November. When can we expect an update?

Surely not before November...As I've said in a previous message, first the runway will need to open in the real world, then we need to find infos (pictures, layouts, etc), then we can start working on it, then we can release it.

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:32:15 am »
can this process occur during the developmet of another scenery

oh say like (Las Vegas) maybe ??? ??? ???

Sekhet

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:29:16 am »
I hate to say it but the addition of another runway is going to make the AFCAD a nightmare to redo. :-[
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

downscc

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:08 pm »
FAA NACO Digital Aeronautical Information and Terminal Procedures include all the approaches for activation 20 Nov (Cycle 0812)... time to get to work guys. Thanks

Dan Downs
KCRP

rrwhaley

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 07:05:10 pm »
ORD, NEW RWY 9L/27R is now OPEN and in use!!!

Ron from Chicago

Misha_K

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 08:14:57 pm »
I hate to say it but the addition of another runway is going to make the AFCAD a nightmare to redo. :-[

Actually, it should make it easier. With three parallel runways you can just close the crossing runways in the AFCAD and have still very realistic traffic on three. I still haven't seen an AFCAD that uses the crosswind runways realistically. Most traffic at ORD is in and out of the 27/28/9/8 runways anyway.

jordanal

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:26:51 pm »
Yup, looking forward to the new AFCAD myself.  Thanks...   ;)
Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 04:05:36 pm »
It's not so easy, and it's not just the AFCAD, and it's not an easy AFCAD because:

1) the scenery itself should be updated. As we said already, having the new runway open in the real world was just the first step. But in order to create the scenery, we'll need new aerial photos to be published, so we can use them as reference for ground texturing. And perhaps other pictures as well that would show if there are new objects or buildings around the new runway area. Then we can START working on it, then we can release it...

2) the AFCAD is not just the AFCAD, which might look easy: we'll probably need to update the Approaches with the all the procedures for the new runway.

So, at least from our side, it's not something that can be released quickly, and we never said it would have. I guess will be after the release of KLAS, since we are planning a general refresh of all our existing products.

Misha_K

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 01:38:13 am »
2) the AFCAD is not just the AFCAD, which might look easy: we'll probably need to update the Approaches with the all the procedures for the new runway.

I meant that for those of us who modify AFCADs for realistic AI traffic flow, three parallel runways are easier to handle than a maze of intersecting runways with respect to getting a realistic traffic flow. I realize that what you guys a scenery designers have to do in order to get the airport expansion to look and fuinction realistically from a user perspective involves a far greater amount of work.

PS: I'm watching the new approaches into 27R from my window as I write.

sstefanski

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 01:56:21 am »
A great update to ord would be finishing the new north control tower; finishing the runway 28-10 extention; and adding the new runway 27R/9L . All of these projects have been completed at the real o hare airport. Virtuali; we await your o hare refresh and look forward to it ! Also could do without the flashing skid marks on the runways . The skid marks look great; but shouldnt flash.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 10:03:37 am »
Also could do without the flashing skid marks on the runways . The skid marks look great; but shouldnt flash.

We don't see any flash. Are you using DX10 mode perhaps ? Because, in that mode, even the default runways flashes.

Or, another reason why you see flashing, it's because there's either another mesh OR another AFCAD coming from another product, with a slightly different altitude (even a fraction of a ft. difference might count), but normally the scenery do not flashes.

Ayax

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 04:36:57 pm »
i bougth in December 2008 the KORD for FSX. Today i was in the ground in the predeparture procedures to KBOS. Sadly i saw that the other airplanes where landing in differents runways that the assigned by the ATC. I called the ATC and he told me that my FSX was not updated, becouse the KORD airport has new runways....
So, in order to fly online without this troubles what can i do?
1.- Is there a new patch?
2.- Just follow on the top down view all the other airplanes?
3.- Un install the Chicago Ohare scenary?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 05:46:04 pm »
I called the ATC and he told me that my FSX was not updated, becouse the KORD airport has new runways....So, in order to fly online without this troubles what can i do?

You mean a human controller ATC ? You should have told him, that it doesn't make any sense to pretend have people landing on the new runways, which were opened in November 2008, when there's is NO SCENERY for KORD, nor default, nor ours, that already depicts the new runways. What kind of reply is "your FSX is not updated", how you are supposed to update it, when there's no scenery avaialble for it, yet ?

So, in order to fly online without this troubles what can i do?

Tell the controller that it doesn't make any sense for him to pretend have users update in real-time to real world, when no scenery is avaible in anyway, not default, no payware or freeware.

1.- Is there a new patch?

Updating the KORD scenery is in the plans, but it will not come quickly, because is a major rework to be done. And, we don't want to call it a "patch", because there's no bug to be fixed to begin with. It's a scenery upgrade, that still need to be announced and right now, we have no release date for it. For sure, after KLAS has been released.

Ayax

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 06:14:01 pm »

Gentleman:
The Human ATC told me that, i dont think that the default ATC from FSX can handle in that way.

its clear now for me, so i dont need to unistall it cause the FSX default scenary is the same and there are not updates availables on the internet.....

Ok, will wait for the update, after KLAS
Happy new year everybody.