Author Topic: GSX very long to regenerate airport cache in P3D2.3?  (Read 6757 times)

Jedi928

GSX very long to regenerate airport cache in P3D2.3?
« on: August 13, 2014, 05:42:56 pm »
Hello,

For you information and the next update of GSX, GSX last version is very very long to regenerate airport cache with the new p3d2.3! Do you plan to change that? i think i am not the own.

Sincerely
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:57:14 pm by Jedi928 »

Jedi928

Re: GSX very long to regenerate airport cache in P3D2.3?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:40:40 am »
Any news about this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:18:22 am »
There's no difference whatsoever in the cache regeneration time, and nothing that can be attributed to the 2.3 update.

I tried it now, and forced a complete cache regeneration ( by removing the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl folder ) and the cache regenerates entirely in 2 seconds, with the default P3D sceneries set. Of course, if you have many add-on sceneries, it will take more time, but that's a complete regeneration, that is not supposed to be happening if you just add or remove a single area.

Jedi928

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:05 am »
Ok This is strange for me P3d2.3 very often regenerate the cache sometimes while i didn't add or remove a single area and it is very very long! On FSX it  doesn't happen and when it happens it is going very quick!

normandean

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »
I've got a similar problem with FSX. Every time I start the sim I get the message that GSX is regenerating the airport cache. It then usually gets to about 58% to 63% and stops, though sometimes it goes to 80% to 85%. At first it did this quite quickly, but now it is taking a lot longer (2 or 3 minutes) and is becoming a nuisance.

Any ideas about that please.

Norman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »
If you changed anything in the Scenery Library, it's normal that GSX regenerates its cache. If it does that without changing anything, maybe you have a corrupted .BGL somewhere, and in this case, turning on Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX Settings" page, and posting your Couatl.LOG file here, would help

normandean

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 11:30:30 pm »
OK, Virtuali, will do.

Norman

gavinprice02

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
Hi Umberto

I'm having the exact same issues within FSX, The regeneration just hangs at aroung 37% Here is a copy of my log

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (system:32), accessing C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl/files.bin
Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 133 seconds

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Gavin
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:37:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (system:32), accessing C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl/files.bin

This seems to indicate one of the following:

1) There are permission problems on the whole folder. You should fix this by removing the C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl folder, and REINSTALL GSX

OR

2) Another program is locking access to that folder, so it's not possible to write to it. Since this is a folder used only by our products, a possible explanation might something like an antivirus interfering, trying to prevent the Couatl.exe from writing anywhere. You can fix this by configuring it to prevent scanning of the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

OR

3) There might be two copies of the Couatl.exe running in memory, perhaps FSX didn't closed cleanly, and so it wasn't able to send the Couatl.exe the message to quit at exit. A Windows restart should fix this.

Try all solutions.