Author Topic: Updates do not seem to be Loading  (Read 3077 times)

Oggie

Updates do not seem to be Loading
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:41:09 am »
When one installs a live update is there supposed to be some indication that it installed?  I select update and get a message screen asking to leave FSX and obvtain the update.  I click OK and that is the last indication I get of anything.  This has been the case since I first installed GSX and became most noticeable with the /J update and now with the readout.  I am not seeing either of those.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updates do not seem to be Loading
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:02:13 am »
I select update and get a message screen asking to leave FSX and obvtain the update.  I click OK and that is the last indication I get of anything. 

If you see a message telling you to quit from FSX to apply it, it's what is called in the GSX manual a "Major Update" and it's doesn't "just" say to quit FSX, it also says to DOWNLOAD the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and INSTALL IT so, of course, the installation feedback is made by that installer. If you don't do that, nothing will happen.

Instead, if the message doesn't say you must exit from FSX, it's a "Minor Update", and that can be applied without exiting from FSX, and in that case you'll see another installer running (if you agree to the update, of course), and GSX would restart automatically when it's done, without having to restart FSX.

Oggie

Re: Updates do not seem to be Loading
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:21:02 pm »
Thank you.  Silly me-I thought that clicking the OK on "You must exit FSX" would initiate the download process.  It did not occur to me to actually follow the on-screen instructions and exit FSX and go to the website address myself (see the third and fourth words of this message to explain that).

Actually following instructions led to a much better result! (see first two words of this message)