Author Topic: Installer Download File Corrupt **SOLVED**  (Read 4762 times)

wallydog69

Installer Download File Corrupt **SOLVED**
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:36 pm »
I keep getting this message when I try to install.  The Installer file downloads in less than a second and I keep getting this message when I run it.

not valid win32 application
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:00:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer Download File Corrupt
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:15 pm »
The file downloads correctly and is not corrupted. What might be happening on your system, instead, might be that your antivirus has mistakenly identified the installer as a threat, and has replaced the installer with its own message page.

Be sure you turn off any antivirus before downloading.

Another possible reason, your ISP doesn't allow you to access Mediafire ( which is were we host the actual file), or you have a Mediafire account with some login problem, so you are getting some kind of warning page instead of the normal executable.

wallydog69

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:28 am »
Thanks for the response.  This is certainly odd. I can download other files from your site and I have turned off my anti-virus but still no joy- when I click on the link I know get no feedback. This only happens with the JFK installer.  Stand alone addon manager and other sceneries seem to download fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 01:05:27 am »
Try to rename that faulty "exe" with an .html extension, and see if it opens with a browser, chances are you'll see some web page with an error message.

wallydog69

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 01:44:26 am »
no .exe extension.

This is what the link shows

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/jfk2_fsx

I tried adding .html and no luck either.  I think the link is broken

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 01:58:38 am »
no .exe extension.

You said:

The Installer file downloads in less than a second and I keep getting this message when I run it.

not valid win32 application

This seems to indicate you HAVE an "installer file", and if you can double click on it, and receive a "not valid win32 application", it means it HAS an .exe extension. If you don't see it, maybe it's because you haven't turned on the option to see file extensions.

So, as I've said, try to add an .html extension to THAT file you downloaded.

This is what the link shows

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/jfk2_fsx

That's correct.

I think the link is broken

As I've said, clicking on the above link result in the installer file ( 159 MB ) downloading normally. And nobody has reported it either.

wallydog69

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 03:46:14 am »
Got this resolved....browser issue.  I just downloaded using a different browser..clearing cache seemed to do the trick
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:06:21 am by wallydog69 »

boilerbill

Re: Installer Download File Corrupt **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 08:04:16 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what browser did you use initially? I know Google Chrome has a history of corrupting downloads, and I'd like to know if another browser caused similar problems.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

wallydog69

Re: Installer Download File Corrupt **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 09:15:42 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what browser did you use initially? I know Google Chrome has a history of corrupting downloads, and I'd like to know if another browser caused similar problems.

Firefox was the culprit.. latest version I think.