Author Topic: Preselect Gate  (Read 12237 times)

mroschk

Re: Preselect Gate
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 01:19:39 am »
How often are you changing the Scenery Library????

There has been several threads in just the last few days, that users are using external utilities to turn on JUST the sceneries they need for a flight at EACH FSX startup, in order to save the last bit of memory for the sim and not getting OOMs.

LOLOLOL... Thats really not a normal use of the flightsim. Even not for the old FSX.
For all positive you have something against.

Take P3D and you did not have any Problems like a slow Performance or a OOM or something.

Matthias
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:21:24 am by mroschk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 01:27:51 am »
LOLOLOL... Thats really not a normal use of the flightsim. Even not for the old FSX.For all positive you have something against.

That's the main issue, users use FSX in very different ways, and must make compromises for every available option.

Take P3D and you did not have any Problems like a slow Performance or a OOM or something.

P3D has even less VAS space than FSX, because it's still a 32 bit app, and it does so much more. You don't see so many reports about OOMs, only because a popular brand of memory-hungry airplanes is still not available there...

mroschk

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 01:33:05 am »
.. as of now i found only 1 thread about disabling the Scenery :-)

That's the main issue, users use FSX in very different ways, and must make compromises for every available option.

It's not an issue. Ist like i say...if anyone not want to have what i request they can disable it and use FSX in his own way.

P3D has even less VAS space than FSX, because it's still a 32 bit app, and it does so much more. You don't see so many reports about OOMs, only because a popular brand of memory-hungry airplanes is still not available there...

Same here, if the Plane you want is too hungry of Memory .. easy you can not use it :-)

But this should not be a reason for that you reject all my request's, even for now then for later.

Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 02:04:39 am »
.. as of now i found only 1 thread about disabling the Scenery :-)

There are many more about the generic issue that the cache regeneration might be annoying. Two pages of threads, in fact.

The thread that has only ONE request, instead, is THIS one...

It's not an issue. Ist like i say...if anyone not want to have what i request they can disable it and use FSX in his own way.

And as I've said already, we'll never, ever, put an option that might result in the program not working correctly, only because the user forgot to turn if on when he should have.

And no, if users actually READ the manuals, 90% of the supports threads in this forum would never appeared.

Same here, if the Plane you want is too hungry of Memory .. easy you can not use it :-)

People don't like to be told what airplane they should use, and nobody like to spend money on something that he can't use it.

But this should not be a reason for that you reject all my request's, even for now then for later.

Yes, it is.

Just stop beating this dead horse. This option is of marginally utility, way less useful than many things we ARE working on right now, and it would only cause more grief to those that don't like the cache regeneration.

Hnla

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 05:12:49 am »
You don't see so many reports about OOMs, only because a popular brand of memory-hungry airplanes is still not available there...

Probably by the time PMDG changes the EULA to allow their planes into PMDG, P3D will be 64-bit.. (So i'm hoping..)

mroschk

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 09:16:21 am »
Probably by the time PMDG changes the EULA to allow their planes into PMDG, P3D will be 64-bit.. (So i'm hoping..)

??

..so, it seams to complicated for you to implement this , in my eyes, nice and real live Feature.

But please dont Forget my others

GPU/ASU/CHOCKS

There is no database, no Cache, no stress if you implement a enable/disable function for those who dont want it.
There is only the willing of YOU to implement this.

Bye
Matthias