Author Topic: GSX Error: bglmanx.dll - Upon startup **SOLVED**  (Read 7272 times)

gloryofthesky

GSX Error: bglmanx.dll - Upon startup **SOLVED**
« on: July 27, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »
Hi all, I recently bought GSX and JFK V2.

I tried installing GSX today, and all went fine during the installation process. I then opened FSX, it asked me do I want to run your software and engine. I clicked yes, about 5 seconds later it gives me this error:

"Flight Simulator had detected a problem with a third party software program (add-on)

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,9,0,23
Company: Virtuali Sagl
File: bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run this software?"

If I click yes, FSX waits about 2 seconds, and then crashes. I then uninstalled GSX, and all was fine. I thought it might be a corrupted file in my FSX causing issues. I then ran the FSX repair tool. Installed GSX, and I get the same error.

So I thought it must be a corrupted bglmanx.dll so my friend that had GSX gave me his (worth a shot) but still didn't work.

I'm really excited to try GSX, but 40$ is a hefty price for something that doesn't work on my pc :(

Thanks! I appreciate your time and effort.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:32:37 am by virtuali »

gloryofthesky

Re: GSX Error: bglmanx.dll - Upon startup
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:26:40 pm »
Also, if this is normal, at the end of the installation of any FSDT products, it says phython file _xxxxxx was not supported and not installed or something like that, and it runs through about 10-20 or so files of python files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:10:32 pm »
I'm really excited to try GSX, but 40$ is a hefty price for something that doesn't work on my pc

It's not possible to spend 40$ for something that "doesn't work on your PC" because, since we have a Trial, you have every chance to verify it works on your PC, before purchasing.

In any case, that error usually goes away if you restart Windows and always allow the module to run, even if it crashes, provided that:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

Note that, even if FSX itself is not set to run into Compatibility mode, it's possible you can have the same problem if another add-on you run together with FSX is running in a Compatibility mode.

Try first after a Windows restart.

Also, if this is normal, at the end of the installation of any FSDT products, it says phython file _xxxxxx was not supported and not installed or something like that, and it runs through about 10-20 or so files of python files.

It doesn't say not supported, it simply says that, since you don't have the product that Python file is related, there's was nothing to update, so it's just skipping it. It wouldn't make much sense to update a file for a product you don't have...

gloryofthesky

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:53 pm »
I turned off the antivirus complety, FSX is not in compatibility mode. The digital signature is there, the time stamp is Wensday July 02, 2014. Though, I didn't install it on July 2nd...

I did a complete reinstall of GSX, but still no luck.

Could it be because i have FSUIPIC?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:22:07 pm »
I turned off the antivirus complety, FSX is not in compatibility mode. The digital signature is there, the time stamp is Wensday July 02, 2014. Though, I didn't install it on July 2nd...

As I've said, check you don't have any other products running in Compatibility mode.

[quoteI did a complete reinstall of GSX, but still no luck.[/quote]

The problem doesn't have anything to do with the installation or any of modules. It's a bogus message from FSX that has a buggy trust system, and sometimes a newly-trusted module displays that message. I get it sometimes from random modules from any other developer, but a Windows restart usually fixes it.

Could it be because i have FSUIPIC?

None of our products requires, install, affect or are affected by FSUIPC in any way.

[/quote]

gloryofthesky

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:25 pm »
I made sure I had no other FSX addons running in compatibility mode and I also restarted my computer.

I can't seem to find what could be the problem?

Should I wipe out FSX and re-do it?

I only want to do that as a last resort as I have addon planes suck as PMDG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 12:15:52 am »
Should I wipe out FSX and re-do it?

FSX is not likely the problem. Perhaps you have a problem with your Windows libraries instead. But before reinstalling Windows, try here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899
This thread includes everything we know about program not running. Try ALL the solutions, one by one, don't skip any step.

This thread here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=113.15

Indicates other solutions about the FSX error message about bglmanx.dll might have a problem (it's a bogus message, of course). Try all the solutions posted there too, including those in the follow up messages about turning off DEP and UAC.

gloryofthesky

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:55:13 am »
Okay, will try and come back with a reply

gloryofthesky

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »
Still no luck, I'm still getting that error.

I tried everything.

Is there a way you can remote control help me?

Or do you have any other suggestions?

gloryofthesky

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:51 am »
SOLVED! Ended up reinstalling windows & fsx, that seemed to be my last resort.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 08:32:50 am »
SOLVED! Ended up reinstalling windows & fsx, that seemed to be my last resort.

Good to know.