Author Topic: traffics disappearance in JFK V2  (Read 4765 times)

gkwns747

traffics disappearance in JFK V2
« on: July 26, 2014, 11:34:31 pm »
Hi all

I bought JFK V2 and activated in FSX without any problem. The problem i have now is that, when i fly closer to traffics parked in the gates, all of a sudden, the traffics are disappeared. If i fly further away from the traffics, they appear again! I reintalled JFK a few times, but same problem still happenes. Just in case, I tested the problem in Chicago, KORD, the problem doesn't bother me. Also, i updated JFK V2 and reinstalled the traffics. All purchased airports show the traffics even if i fly closer to the traffics. I think something goes wrong in JFK V2. Anyone experience similar types of error???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: traffics disappearance in JFK V2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:46:21 pm »
Do you use AI traffic made for FS9, like World of AI ? If yes, try to turn off the Airplane cast Shadows on ground option in the FSX graphic settings.

If you use a native traffic product, the problem doesn't have anything to do with JFK ( and nobody ever reported it before ), but it might be related to your video settings, or the fact that you are running FSX in Compatibility mode (like XP under Windows 7 or similar), which has exactly the effect how making objects disappear when you go close, and reappear when you go far.

gkwns747

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »
The AI traffic i use is for FSX only. i have already tried to turn off/on the airplane case shadow on ground in the setting. But it doesn't work.
When i intall free or purchased programs, i always run programs in administration mode. So I have no ideas what it is happening in JFK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:36:36 am »
Check with the free FSX Airport Scanner utility if you have a scenery conflict for JFK.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:18 pm »
 What traffic program do you use? MyTraffic for instance DOES add thousands of it's own airport files which will conflict with and cause problems for users of other addon airports.

gkwns747

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:36 pm »
The AI traffic program i use is made by a Korean FSX user. Hundreds of the traffic in the program is automatically installed in the simobject folder. In addition, As i tried the AI traffic program with other purchased addons except JFK V2, i have never seen any issues regarding of the Al traffic, and i have never seen any users who have complaints about the Al traffic. I would say that the AI traffic may not be possbily compatible with the JFK V2.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 02:07:31 am »
The AI traffic program i use is made by a Korean FSX user.

Ahh, so most likely using none of his own work but calling it his own. Just a shot in the dark.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:09:20 am by Dave_YVR »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 09:25:56 am »
I would say that the AI traffic may not be possbily compatible with the JFK V2.

JFK V2 is compatible with any AI Traffic product. The only issue I could think of is, if the AI traffic you use, failed to have models tagged with proper airline code, the airplanes will park everywhere, even in remote areas, so you might be mislead thinking there are "none", just because you don't see the main terminals full.

All our sceneries ( not just JFK ) have most of their parking spots labeled as GA, to get rid of the default ground vehicles, which means in order for AI to be parked correctly, they must have their atc_airline_codes set, so the GA tag won't matter anymore.

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 12:30:22 pm »
Could be ground shadows enabled, most Ai models don't like that option set to on.