Author Topic: P3d V2.2 Install error  (Read 3881 times)

TXGrunt

P3d V2.2 Install error
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:37:00 am »
Hello all!

Just bought FSDT GSX and well, it doesn't work... I cant seem to install it at all. After checking the P3D master compatibility list, it should install with no issues. Here is a sequence of events when I click to install.

Double click installer
Window (Prepar3d 2.X found in: D:\) "Do you want to install here?"  CLICK Yes
New window pops up I click "Yes"
click Install
Install progress makes it to 5.60MB
New window pops up "Error"
"You must enter full path with drive letter; for example
C:\APP
or UNC path in the form:
\\server\share"

So I tried the manual method of selecting my P3D drive and click "Ok" and I get a message displaying "FSX not found"

Anybody know a work around?

I did try to install both as admin and without admin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d V2.2 Install error
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:56:12 am »
After checking the P3D master compatibility list, it should install with no issues.

Of course it does...

"You must enter full path with drive letter; for example
C:\APP
or UNC path in the form:
\\server\share"

So I tried the manual method of selecting my P3D drive and click "Ok" and I get a message displaying "FSX not found"

Those messages seems to indicate that you either have:

1) Tried to run the installer from a network drive. If yes, don't do it. Run it from a regular disk.

OR

2) Your registry keys for P3D might be wrong and/or corrupted and/or pointing to the wrong folder. The most likely cause for this, is that you use or have used the P3D Migration Tool, so your registry keys are messed up. When installing a PROPER P3D installer, the P3D Migration Tool MUST be off. And we had report from users that had their P3D registry keys messed up because of the tool not properly disabled/uninstalled or because of bugs in old versions of it.

Check your registry key for P3D, be sure is pointing to the folder P3D is installed into. Use the REGEDIT default utility, and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\AppPath

And check the path is the correct one where P3D is installed now.

TXGrunt

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:20 am »
1) I run P3D on its own dedicated HDD

2)I have 3rd party scenery(FTX Global, REX 4 TD) and 3rd party aircraft(Carenado, A2A, QW) installed without issue. I have never had the migration tool installed on this computer, ever. I am a stern believer in waiting for the proper installers for P3DV2 before downloading and installing on this computer. I have a "legit" bought and paid for lic. key for LM P3D Academic version running. 

I checked the registry key for P3D as you said, and it is pointing to the correct path.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:23:45 am »
1) I run P3D on its own dedicated HDD

You can run the sim on a dedicated HDD, but you shouldn't install it directly into its root folder. This is a big security hole, and you will have issues sooner or later with some add-on. Always install the sim in a folder of an hard drive.

I checked the registry key for P3D as you said, and it is pointing to the correct path.

I indicated two possible causes, if you are sure you registry key is correct, yours is likely the first one. Don't install the sim directly into an hard drive root like E:\, but use a folder, such as E:\P3D

TXGrunt

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:18:40 pm »
Dang.. Well when 2.3 comes out I will install to a folder instead of directly to the hard drive.

Thank you