Author Topic: Airport lighting problems  (Read 7560 times)

dubliner

Airport lighting problems
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:19:44 am »
Concerning the blue taxiway-edge lights, the light fixtures tend to disappear, leaving only a blue circle on the ground with the light splash around it. Also, even when the fixtures are there, there is no light in the fixture, only the light splash on the ground.

There are two sets of runway centerline lights, one for each direction. The fixtures in the runway surface are a few feet apart from eachother. Wouldn't these actually be combined, ie the same fixture would shine in both directions, and towards the end of the runway, would show white in one direction and red in the other?

There are bright blue light splashes under the runway threshold, runway edge, and approach light fixtures (white or green lights).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:34:56 am by dubliner »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport lighting problems
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 09:33:34 am »
You just can't replicate a real light that is so small and with so many of them in FSX, not without completely destroying your fps.

If we made them more visible from far away, they would look gigantic from going close, and if we made them in the correct size, they would disappear because of all sort of alpha-blending and z-fighting problems that happens when two small objects are so close together.

dubliner

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 04:00:42 pm »
Understandable. I guess thats also why there has to be 2 sets of runway centerline lights...otherwise they would "fight" eachother?

What about the blue splashes under the white or green runway lights?

Alferra

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »
I have been reading to learn from all threads and found this one that shares the same problem that I have in that the BLUE TAXIWAY light posts do not light up, and sometimes disappear from view, leaving only a blue glow in the pavement. How can this be fixed ?

Armando83

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 10:07:44 pm »
Hello,

I have some issue with lights in KIAH but unable to attach an image in my message ("upload folder is full"). Could you help?