Author Topic: Airport deformed. Giant canyons through out airport  (Read 4618 times)

fishbait32

Airport deformed. Giant canyons through out airport
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:44:03 am »
I did offline install for JFK v 2, and kiah. JFK installed fine but kiah did not. It worked for a few minutes, activated it, it shows up in scenery library, and both adding manager and couatl are in the top menu. I reloaded the airport and the textures went to beyond default. No runway numbers, light gray runway, blurry ground, flat buildings, and canyons around the terminal. I reinstalled but issue still happened. I will try again to reinstall.

I can and only did offline install, I can get pictures if needed or error logs, just give me instructions how.

pcubine

Re: Airport deformed. Giant canyons through out airport
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:44:05 am »
I did offline install for JFK v 2, and kiah. JFK installed fine but kiah did not. It worked for a few minutes, activated it, it shows up in scenery library, and both adding manager and couatl are in the top menu. I reloaded the airport and the textures went to beyond default. No runway numbers, light gray runway, blurry ground, flat buildings, and canyons around the terminal. I reinstalled but issue still happened. I will try again to reinstall.

I can and only did offline install, I can get pictures if needed or error logs, just give me instructions how.
Try adjusting your mesh complexity, mesh resolution, and texture resolution according to what is shown is the KIAH manual. Maybe that will help.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:30:30 am »
The usual question:

do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:22:06 pm »
You said it worked for a few minutes and you activated it... if the trial period timed out, you need to restart FSX, just reloading won't work.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

fishbait32

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 06:48:18 pm »
Got it to work. Just had to restart p3d.