Author Topic: The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X 2015!!!!!  (Read 21069 times)

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X 2015!!!!!
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:57:08 pm »
I ran across this by accident and wanted to share this with you guys.  I am sure some of you guys heard the rumors.

http://www.techspot.com/news/57368-microsoft-flight-simulator-is-coming-back-from-the-grave.html

Microsoft Flight Simulator was one of the most popular simulator games of the 90s and early 2000s, until Microsoft closed the studio responsible for its development in 2009. The series made a brief return in 2012 with Microsoft Flight, although the title was critically panned and the studio was closed once more.
Now it appears that Microsoft Flight Simulator, in all its glory, will be returning once more to the world of PC gaming. Dovetail Games has announced a licensing deal that allows it to develop and publish new games in the series, as well as redistribute Flight Simulator X.
With the new licensing deal, Dovetail Games will publish Microsoft Flight Simulator X to Steam for the first time. The 2006 game will be released as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition in late 2014, packaging together the Deluxe Edition and Acceleration Expansion Pack into the one product.
The company is also "investigating new concepts [...] and is expecting to bring a release to market in 2015". With Dovetail Games' experience in creating popular simulators such as Train Simulator, any future title will almost certainly be a return to the detailed simulator roots of Flight Simulator, rather than a more game-like experience like we got in Microsoft Flight.
Kevin Perry, Executive Producer at Microsoft, said that "when it comes to licensing our simulation engine, Dovetail Games is the obvious choice for us to work with. We respect their approach in terms of delivering premium quality simulation games and look forward to seeing their vision of the next chapter in flight simulations unfold"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:00:37 pm by juniormafia27 »
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Hnla

Re: The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:00:49 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it...

Interested in what Umberto thinks about it..

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
Re: The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it...

Interested in what Umberto thinks about it..

Me too.....here is another article:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/09/microsoft-flight-simulator-games-to-return-under-deal-with-dovetail-games/

Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming back.

To the delight of flight-sim fans, Dovetail Games has licensed the exclusive rights to make all-new flight games using tech from Microsoft’s series. A new game is expected to debut in 2015, and the gold edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator X is coming to Steam. If it can revive the franchise, it could turn into a lucrative business and teach big game publishers a lesson in how to make fans happy.

Microsoft’s Flight Simulator games were a staple on the PC for decades, but it took a nosedive in popularity and the company discontinued the series in 2009. It tried for a revival with Microsoft Flight in 2012, but that game did poorly, too.

The Chatham, England-based Dovetail is the maker of the Train Simulator franchise. Under the deal, it will release 2006′s Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Valve’s digital distribution store.

The games were great for training pilots and introducing young people to flight, but they were regularly panned as boring in comparison to combat flight simulators. But the whole category, once a vibrant part of the game landscape, has declined in popularity.

The Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition will include the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration Expansion Pack in one bundle. Dovetail Games will debut the Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Steam in late 2014.

“I am delighted to be working in partnership with Microsoft as part of this agreement,” said Paul Jackson, the CEO of Dovetail Games, in a statement. “We are thrilled to be exploring new flight simulation opportunities using Microsoft’s technology, and look forward to using our extensive expertise of Steam publishing to successfully bring Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to a broad new audience on the Steam platform. This partnership is perfectly timed to support our expansion into new areas of simulation.”

“When it comes to licensing our simulation engine, Dovetail Games is the obvious choice for us to work with. We respect their approach in terms of delivering premium quality simulation games and look forward to seeing their vision of the next chapter in flight simulations unfold,” said Kevin Perry, the executive producer at Microsoft, in a statement. “In addition to that, they have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to launch simulation products successfully via online platforms, making them the ideal partner to distribute Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.”
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Orion

Re: The return of Microsoft Flight Simulator X 2015!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:27 pm »
Here's the official press release from Dovetail Games: http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2014/jul/9/dovetail-games-licensing-deal-with-microsoft-takes-flight

In essence, they're to release Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (basically Flight Simulator X Deluxe with Acceleration, i.e. FSX Gold) on Steam later this year, with "bug fixes" and a reworked multiplayer (source).

They also say they're planning to release a new flight game based on Microsoft's technology some point next year.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »
Riiiiiiight......just like the article I posted says.   :P
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:19:35 pm »
I'm still stinging from the debacle formally known as Microsoft Flight, so seeing is believing.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:38:41 pm »
MS Trainsimulator was a mess and we had got a very successful development to Trainsimulator 2014. I have hope, that FSX will return in a better version, if the same guys do it as with MSTS.

Gkvarga

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:28:37 am »
Dovetail games?  LOL.  This should be good.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 12:50:20 pm »
Dovetail games?  LOL.  This should be good.

As long as it remains Flight Simulator, it doesn't matter who distributes it.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 02:58:07 am »
Agreed!!
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 06:53:45 am »
My hopes are up with a new Flight Simulator in the pipeline, But as with all great things going to have to wait and see.
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????