Author Topic: Question about the hotel  (Read 6520 times)

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Question about the hotel
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:46 am »
First off... THANK YOU for this amazing scenery!!! Another high end scenery from the masters.

Maybe it is just me, but the hotel in the middle of the airport looks a little off. Either the center column is to wide, or the disk (top) is not the right size.
Again, maybe it is just me...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:32:29 am by CX 747-400 »
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Dominato83

Re: Question about the hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:51 am »
I think it's just the angle the photo was taken at.  I don't see anything wrong with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:28 am »
Either the center column is to wide, or the disk (top) is not the right size.  Again, maybe it is just me...

the real picture is taken with a wide-angle lens, which expands the perspective effect, while the screenshot is taken zoomed-in, which equals to a telephoto lens, which compress the perspective, for the opposite effect.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:53:06 am »
I thought I might be seeing it wrong. I just taxied around the airport again, and it still looks off. Oh well.... Still amazing to have a great scenery for KIAH!!!
Jonathan

-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

ahsmatt7

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:26:17 am »
Not to be rude. I'm genuinely curious. Why does it matter? It's a hotel, you aren't going to be using any part of it. I mean no offense in any way but people get extremely picky about some weird stuff with scenery.

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 06:48:03 am »
Not to be rude. I'm genuinely curious. Why does it matter? It's a hotel, you aren't going to be using any part of it. I mean no offense in any way but people get extremely picky about some weird stuff with scenery.

Well when we pay money for a scenery, we would expect the airport to be accurate to the real world counterpart. That's the whole point of pay ware, is you are "paying" for that extra work and detail to be put into the airport.

Most users seek reality in the Flightsim so they can imagine it being the real thing. Small things like this do matter.

Fsdreamteam did an outstanding job with balancing the scenery to be as realistic as possible, yet very well optimized.

ahsmatt7

Question about the hotel
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 04:10:02 pm »

Well when we pay money for a scenery, we would expect the airport to be accurate to the real world counterpart. That's the whole point of pay ware, is you are "paying" for that extra work and detail to be put into the airport.

Most users seek reality in the Flightsim so they can imagine it being the real thing. Small things like this do matter.

Fsdreamteam did an outstanding job with balancing the scenery to be as realistic as possible, yet very well optimized.
it sounds obsessive to be honest. My friend who flies out of Houston everyday mentioned a few little things that he noticed but even he was said it was just a game.

It makes sense to point out something that you'll be in direct contact with such as terminal buildings or taxiway markings. But a hotel? Come on. It's there, it looks exactly like it should... But then users point out that it's too stubby or too long or too whatever. Really? You're paying 32 dollars for the scenery. Not 132 dollars. You're going to have to compromise as a customer whether we like it or not. Idk just my opinion. The amount of Rivet counters in this hobby is enough to go crazy.

If I had to say something constructive about the scenery, it would be that the runways don't have the black rubber touchdown marks on the touchdown zones. They look way too clean. But oh well, it's a game.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:14:34 pm »

Not to be rude, but if you don't like the question I asked, don't respond to it since it wasn't directed to you in any form or fashion.
The reason if you are really interested or care that it matters to me is that I have flown in and out of KIAH hundreds of times, and I know how much of a visual the hotel is from almost everywhere on the airfield.

Plus, I know that FSDT wants to make the best scenery possible, and if anyone can find something that may have been over looked or not done to the correct way that the airport is in reality, they want to know.
Jonathan

-----------------------

ahsmatt7

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 07:29:39 pm »

Not to be rude, but if you don't like the question I asked, don't respond to it since it wasn't directed to you in any form or fashion.
The reason if you are really interested or care that it matters to me is that I have flown in and out of KIAH hundreds of times, and I know how much of a visual the hotel is from almost everywhere on the airfield.

Plus, I know that FSDT wants to make the best scenery possible, and if anyone can find something that may have been over looked or not done to the correct way that the airport is in reality, they want to know.
thats the thing, how oblivious do you think they are to these things? They are professional scenery designers. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to miss these types of things. However, every time, someone steps in immediately after a release and picks the smallest things to critique. It's only my opinion, but it's pointless.

I'm sure they take notice from a post but once again, it's something that wasn't and only came about because of pictures and distortion.