Author Topic: ILS Frequencies  (Read 4883 times)

packers101

ILS Frequencies
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:58:48 am »
I've noticed that the ILS frequencies for the east/west runways are mixed up. By going to the map in FSX and clicking on the airport, you can see the ILS Identifiers are mixed up for the runways and the headings are the opposite of what they need to be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ILS Frequencies
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:09:23 am »
They aren't. You can easily verify this with any airport editor like ADE and AFX, and they are all correct.

And I have them all correct on the map too, except the 15L ILS, which according to the current maps has been removed in real-life, but it's coming from the default scenery, so we left there.

If you see something else on the map, they are coming from another scenery you have in conflict.

packers101

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »
That's strange then... Maybe they came from the new AFCAD from another user with correct gate assignments or maybe a faulty install... I'll change them myself with ADE but I know on my scenery they are reversed, also backed up by Jep and NACO charts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »
Maybe they came from the new AFCAD from another user with correct gate assignments

They surely don't come with our installer.

or maybe a faulty install...

Not possible, the installer completes only if all files are correct, and there are internal checksum to verify they are. If the file was "corrupted" on your system, it won't work at all, not just with ILS reversed.

I'll change them myself with ADE

Not needed, just reinstall the scenery and you'll get the file that comes with it, which is correct.

but I know on my scenery they are reversed, also backed up by Jep and NACO charts.

They might be reversed on your system, but they are not coming from our scenery. As I've said, they are all correct in the AFCAD we supply, and of course I've verified then ONE BY ONE after your report, against the official maps.

Just reinstall the scenery, to get OUR file, and verify it's correct with ADE, by opening the AFCAD directly. If you confirm the AFCAD is correct, even after the installation of the original file as supplied by FSDT, but you still see them reversed in the sim, then you'll KNOW you have a conflict file somewhere.

packers101

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:39 am »
I reinstalled it and the ILSs went back to their correct format. I looked at it in ADE and the AFCAD posted by another forum member was the issue, the ILSs had the opposite runway of what they were supposed to have. Now the issue I face though is what we went over the other day with my AI traffic issues, but at least I have correct ILSs now!