Author Topic: Active but not installed in the Scenery Library  (Read 6798 times)

neil0311

Active but not installed in the Scenery Library
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:35:03 pm »
I just purchased KIAH along with Zurich and Geneva.  I installed them all, and when I go into Addon Manager, it tells me they are "Active but not installed in the Scenery Library."

What did I do incorrectly?  I can just add them manually, but I'm concerned something did not happen correctly.   Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Active but not installed in the Scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:18:27 am »
Have you noticed any errors in the installation ? If your scenery.cfg has an error, the installation won't complete and it would give you a warning, and of course the scenery won't appear in the Scenery Library.

Another possible cause of error, is that you use some kind of external utility to process your scenery.cfg, so this one is locking the file for any changes, preventing the install to do its job.

Other possible reason, you are running FSX in Compatibility mode, and this shouldn't be done, because it screws up with all settings file locations, confusing all installers.

neil0311

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »
I didn't notice any errors. Is there a log for the installation?

I do use a tool (Scenery ConFig Editor) to edit the scenery.cfg, but it was not open during install, and it's never caused an issue with any other add on.

How do I solve this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »

Not by default, but if there was an error, it would have been indicated with an message box.

I do use a tool (Scenery ConFig Editor) to edit the scenery.cfg, but it was not open during install, and it's never caused an issue with any other add on.

Then it's possible that tool has corrupted your scenery.cfg, so it's creating the issue even after you closed it. Not possible to say for sure, unless you send me you scenery.cfg by email or PM, or Attach it on your post. Don't attach the scenery.cfg file directly, but ZIP and Attach the zip file to a message. The scenery.cfg is located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

neil0311

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:58 pm »
No errors.  The cfg is not corrupted that I know of, but I can attach it later this afternoon when I'm home. 

oldguy

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »

How do I solve this?

Did you select/enable them in the Scenery Config Editor (check the box) and then run FSX and see the database is rebuilding? I have learned that "Active" means installed and "Installed" means selected in the FSX Scenery Library.

OldGuy

kozmicelly

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:53:37 pm »
Hi Neil

When you save the scenery.cfg using SceneryConfigEditor, don't use just "save" button but click(select) the scenery.cfg in the cfg list first, then use "save as" button.
Once I did click the "save" button, then the program corrupted the cfg file.
I hope this helps.

Elly

neil0311

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »
I uninstalled and reinstalled and everything appears fine now.   Very strange.